Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Question

Options
  • 09-01-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

My sis is looking at changing her car and is looking towards a Ford Focus around '04. She does a bit of mileage so she's thinking about a diesel and would prefer cruise control aswell. Did the Focus around this time have a diesel and one of the specs have cruise control? The Ford website only has details on the latest Focus, so I can't find anything there.
    Looked on carzone for her at a few cars and spotted a few diesels but no mention of cruise on any of them. Most of them had the LX spec which seems to be the basic spec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Mine is an 2003 Zetec with the 1.8 TDCi 115ps engine.

It doesn't have cruise control. The Ghia might, though I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't think the MkI Focus ever had cruise control as an option even in the Ghia model available in Ireland thanks to VRT.

Might be worth going to the UK for one. The 115bhp TDCi was way more common over there than here. It was available from 2002. They also had lots of well equipped special or limited edition models. Leather and cruise control would be more common perhaps. The MkI Focus is going cheap these days in the UK.

Alternatively you could get it fitted as an aftermarket job.

Might also be worth considering one of these:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=531005

That particular one has cruise control judging by the steering wheel controls. Price is a joke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Mondeo price is mental!
    I had an 03 Zetec Ebony model in excellent cond with 35k on it and was asking 15,450. had it for a while too!
    Fair enough Ghia is (slightly) higher spec but that price is way off, especially with a new model coming out.

colm_mcm wrote:
    That Mondeo price is mental!
    I had an 03 Zetec Ebony model in excellent cond with 35k on it and was asking 15,450. had it for a while too!
    Fair enough Ghia is (slightly) higher spec but that price is way off, especially with a new model coming out.

It's a low spec Ghia model too - no leather heated seats.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Current Focus Ghia has cruise control. Not sure about older ones tbh. 1.8 TDCI engine is the best buy btw.

I'm ordering one shortly (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm pretty sure the run out Mk1 Focus Ghia "X" came with cruise control... you'll know straight away just by looking at the steering wheel, the buttons are located either side of the centre hub (horn).

LIGHTNING wrote:
    I have a Mk1 Focus Ghia and it doesnt have cruise however it was an optional extra as its in the cars handbook.

Car handbooks are pretty generic. It may still never have been available as an option on Irish cars.

Advertisement