Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapleizod - what's it like??

Options
  • 09-01-2007 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking over moving there - whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well, I can't say I know it very well, but it is well positioned, just on the edge of the city, so not too far to go into town. Lots of public transport nearby. You've got the Phoenix Park and the Liffey bank and the Islandbridge Memorial Gardens, all fairly close by for something more leisurely. There are certainly far worse places to live. I am sure someone who knows it better than I do will give you more detailed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

flukey pretty much coverd it. my mothers from there and it used to be a lovely little village, in fact some of the family stores are still there in the main street near the pub (mullingar house),you know places that used to weigh your sweets before putting em in a brown bag for ya :), so it'll serve as a real blast from the past. theres been alot of development recently, mainly new appartments but they blend in well. the areas a mix of really old people whove been there since the 40s and new professionals that can afford the apts. bigest attraction is the ease of access to the phoenix park, literally a walk up a side street and your in it. used to go up all the time with my uncle. its surreal to be with in walking distance (ok its a big walk but you can do it;) ) of the city centre and be able to see wild deer after a 5 min walk from your house . theres some lovley pubs a short drive away like the anglers rest (heading towards the strawberry beds) where you can get some great food and all in all its a nice little tight comunity.

alot of the older houses are council ones so if your buying one of them dont expect space. in fact they used to have out door toilets and only two bedrooms upstairs (im talking about the houses behind the school) still considering most people dont have kids these days you could do one of these up nicely. after that most other houses are either appartmenst or townhouses built in the grounds of the old factory heading in the direction of the church. these are quite nice and the view of the river is gorgeous. i have to say planning actually worked out well for once here and while im quite happy where i am i wouldnt mind living in chapelizod, its not posh but theres no scum either so i'd say go for it.

as for public transport, generally any bus going by lucan, celbridge goes through chapelizod so its very regular. best place to get a bus is generally right next to the school and its only a short drive in.

hope that was helpfull. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 itsAboy

Zulu wrote:
    Thinking over moving there - whats it like?

commuter belt:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is quite nice,not far from town,near shopping centres etc.
    If you row,kayak or canoe it is the perfect location;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I moved in last August and have to say so far so good its been very positive. As has been said before location was the biggy for me. So near town, the phoenix park, liffey walks and the M50 all at the same time.

Only negative is the village doesnt have enough commercial outlets to support the town. There are 3 shops, 3 pubs, a pharmacy a post office and soon to be a bookies but no cafe or restaurant or sambo shop there which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wheloman

HI I LEFT THIS MESSAGE YESTERDAY. SEE WHAY YOU THINK AND DROP ME A LINE

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055051662

Advertisement