Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozza for the Eurovision?!

Options
  • 09-01-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6244153.stm
    Former Smiths singer Morrissey could represent the UK at the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, the BBC has confirmed.

The Mancunian musician first expressed an interest in taking part after Daz Sampson's song, Teenage Life, came fifth from last in the 2006 contest.

"I was horrified but not surprised to see the UK fail," he said. "Why didn't they ask me?"

The BBC says it is in talks with the singer to write and possibly perform a track for this year's contest in May.

But a spokeswoman for the corporation warned "nothing is confirmed at the moment".

The BBC has approached several other high-profile acts as it tries to "up the ante on the calibre of artists" taking part in the annual competition, she added.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Both a ridiculous and inspired idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Exactly. It'd be great if he did it and it got people who'd never listened to him before to go and buy a few of his albums. However I'd guess that it'd be far more likely that he'd just take the píss out of the competition and do some terrible, terrible song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I think I trust Morrissey to make it entirely entertaining either way, whether he takes it seriously or decides to have a laugh. It will make the contest worth a watch for once. I might even vote for him :eek:

Advertisement