Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smokin' Aces on Tuesday?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Does anybody want to go see Smokin' Aces in the Gate next Tuesday(16th)? I'm off all day so I was going to go see it anyway, but if anybody wants to meet up for a beer or two before/after so much the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I am probably a yes barring work or the loss of a limb getting in the way :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yay, sounds like a plan! Possible quiet drink afterwards sounds like a good idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What time roughly are ye planning on? Movie sounds good so wouldnt mind seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

the loss of a limb getting in the way

Does that happen often? :confused:

I dunno what time - the cinema timetable won't be out until Friday. I'd be guessing somewhere arouind 8:30-9:15. There's probably going to be a show aroudn 6:30 or 7, but god knows when people will be getting off work.

@ JohnK

You're in the country? I assumed that txt was from Oz.........

Ah ok, I was just afraid that when you has said you'd be off all day that you were planning on some evil early hour :p

Yeah I'm still in the country. A few things came up and what not...:o

• Advertisement

Does that happen often? :confused:

Not often, no, but I figure there's no harm planning for the worst case scenario. If ye're planning on going before 9 I'm afraid I'll have to give it a miss cos I've got work :(
    Anyone fancy going on Sunday or Monday night maybe?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've just realised that I can't do Tuesday :( Looks like I'll have to stage some sort of coup and suggest another night to go...oh well)

Well I'm free Monday or Tuesday. Maybe when the time table is out tomorrow we can arrange something to suit everybody.

Change it to Monday night @ 9:15 in the Gate? Great way to start the week.

I am most definitely a yes in that case, barring the whole limb thingy that was previously mentioned :)

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me. Are we meeting for a pint (or 10) first?

I have no objections to pintage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

watch the start of the movie.. wander off play your psp or whatever.. return for the end. you have been told.

(the BEST thing about this movie is the ranting you can do about it after. :cool: oh.. and redneck nazis)

As far too many people can tell you, I love ranting! Even about things that I actually enjoy :o

JohnK wrote:
    Sounds good to me. Are we meeting for a pint (or 10) first?

Well I'm off all day (weekend shift atm) but I presume most people are working so can't meet in Charlie's at 7......am. ;) The Classic at 8ish?

Well I'm off all day (weekend shift atm) but I presume most people are working so can't meet in Charlie's at 7......am. ;)
    work sucks :mad:
    The Classic at 8ish?
    I'm on for that :D.

Where is The Classic? :confused:

On North Main St. Near Wagamamas, I think.

On North Main St. Near Wagamamas, I think.
    nice one, thanks :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

As far too many people can tell you, I love ranting! Even about things that I actually enjoy :o
    you enjoy nothing

not particualry interested in seeing this, might be about for a pineapple juice at somepoint, but no guarantees

Off the drink for the new year?

• Advertisement

Tree wrote:
    you enjoy nothing

I enjoy many things; the first rays of sunlight on a summer morning, the smell of freshly cut grass, a child's laugh. And very occasionally I do in fact enjoy the odd film :p

I take it people are still going tonight?

I'm still on for it anyway. I take it that all your limbs are present and accounted for?

Thus far they have had the good sense to remain intact. I'll wander towards the classic for 8ish so.

Far far too much crying in that film...

It started off well and was set for a good movie but then.........

At least we got to see a guy sit on a chainsaw though. That was pretty cool
    :cool:

Advertisement