Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best spa in Sligo?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I don't know if any of you have any recommendations, I'd like to treat my mum to a spa treatment for her birthday, I know some of the hotels do them but just wondered if anyone has ever been to one and can recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I know a few spas in sligo...couldnt pick a best one though...
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A lot of ppl rave about the Radisson.
    I wouldn't know any others to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks guys, I haven't a clue to be honest (no one has ever treated me to one :mad: ), quite pricey they are too. Well the Clarion hasn't got their prices on the website (so I can only imagine).

magnumlady wrote:
    Thanks guys, I haven't a clue to be honest (no one has ever treated me to one :mad: ), quite pricey they are too. Well the Clarion hasn't got their prices on the website (so I can only imagine).

Shocking! You'd want to get that sorted out fairly lively!

I do know that you get a "clubcard" of sorts in the radisson instead of a paper voucher. This card can be topped up as required.

You'll find that any decent treatments will cost a few bucks! That seems to be the norm all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'd say you have the odd Brazilian done there Gillie !!

• Advertisement

:eek:
    My secrets out!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

magnumlady wrote:
    I don't know if any of you have any recommendations, I'd like to treat my mum to a spa treatment for her birthday, I know some of the hotels do them but just wondered if anyone has ever been to one and can recommend it?

You could try the seaweed baths.. Theres Celtic Seaweed baths in Strandhill and there's another one in Enniscrone

Madge wrote:
    You could try the seaweed baths.. Theres Celtic Seaweed baths in Strandhill and there's another one in Enniscrone

She had a voucher for there before but didn't fancy it, so I went instead, it was great.
    She like massages and things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

hi i have been to the radisson and can strongly advise it. yes it is pricey but worth every cent.

Thanks Niamh, the Radisson it is then.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Go out the CastleDargen, that just opened and the Spa is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Best spa in Sligo? I tempted to refer you to some local politions:D
    Seriously though, I hear Castle Dargan is lovely. Celtic Seaweed Baths in Strandhill do all that massage, aromatherapy type stuff too (Sorry, I'm not into that sort of thing myself:o )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

<SNIP>

SligoBrewer: You may have found that remark funny but its not. It could well have been libelous.

You are a new user and this is your first post in the NW forum. I trust (for someone else's sake) that the account is genuine. I will let you off with a yellow card this time.

muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I know this is too late for this thread OP but I have gone to and treat my wife to Ardnahoo in Dromahaire on a regular basis and can strongly recommend it. Went for a day last year before our wedding and well worth it.

http://www.ardnahoo.com

It isn't my mums birthday yet, but I went and sorted the spa out then said a 'friend of mine' was asking for advise on treatments and I didn't have a clue so asked mum what would she choose.
    She said none of them its all a big waste of money!!
    So thanks for all your suggestions, what will I do with her!

Advertisement