Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft.

Options
  • 09-01-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Well then, it seems this is a bit of a fruitless endeavour, but I'm looking for a copy of World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade "Collector's Edition."

It's sold out on HMV, Play, BlahDVD, Amazon, Game and most other stores - and its going for about 300 euro on eBay. I've even see a few go for 500, and a few go for a mere 75 (I'dve bid, but sadly eBay hates my credit card so its not possible !).

So that leaves almost none of the 'regular' shops to look in. Anyone know of a magical wondershop that might stock the game (a magical wondershop that ships to Ireland, stocks the EU version and doesn't charge loads for shipping if possible ! :P) ? :)

Thanks a lot.

Oh, and dont buy it to re-sell it on eBay...because that wouldnt be very nice ! :P Or, if you are, PM me before you do :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ehm...it's not out yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jeebus wrote:
    its going for about 300 euro on eBay. I've even see a few go for 500, and a few go for a mere 75 (I'dve bid, but sadly eBay hates my credit card so its not possible !)

Seriously, anyone who is willing to pay anything over €40-€50 for this is mad. It will be available in some game and gamestop stores on the day of release, without pre-booking. And since the chances are that the servers will be laggy as ****, the new area's will be farmed to death, and there will be mad ganking to even get to the dark portal, i'd say you should give it a few days before playing.

Personally i won't be getting BC for about a month after release. Should have calmed down by then, and will give me time to finally get my pally to 60.

ps. its released January 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Aren't the servers down until 16th anyway? So even if you get it.. you can't play it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolam wrote:
    Aren't the servers down until 16th anyway? So even if you get it.. you can't play it..

Server's down till the 16th of Jan...where did you hear that? Ha, people bitch and whine non-stop on the official forums if they lose even an hour of play. God help the Blizz team if they went down for a week. Nope, servers are still up (and newly patched). They might be a bit on the rough edges today, as its patch day, but they should clear up later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think he means you wouldn't be able to play Burning Crusade until the 16th anyway.

But yeah, people paying £300 or whatever it is for this needs their heads examined. All that for an ingame pet (the only interesting thing in the pack).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I know its not out until the 16th :)

Just rang GAME and HMV, trying to re-order....both said they were sold out.

Oh well ! :)

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'll mosey into Game on the 17th for a look, and if they dont have it, then the normal version will do. I was interested in the art booklet that came with the game, but they'll probably release a separate version later anyways ! :)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Checked in work today. We were takin pre-orders on the CE but not anymore. Looks like you're outta luck mate.

Advertisement