Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Card

• 09-01-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there, just wondering can anyone give me any advice about my PS2 memory card. Over the Christmas I got addicted to Gran Turismo 3, but when I tried to save the game one day it kept telling me 'Error!'. So I said I'd save it on my brothers card and then delete the gran turismo file on my card and copy it from the brothers card onto mine.

But when I tried to do this it wouldn't let me delete the corrupted file. I tried to copy the file from my brothers card onto mine but it also wouldn't allow me do this. Unfortunately my brothers card is at home while I'm in college so my refound love for gran turismo can't continue! Ok it could, but I don't want to start from the start again. I had gotten really far and had loads of class cars! So does anybody know of how I could delete the old file, or just sort out the whole thing?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

remember a similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I had gotten up to about 80% and then the file got corrupted, just said feck that and never played through it all again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

You probably have no other choice but to format the card. The Playstation has a format function does it? Being a while since I looked at the bios menu.

Can't think of any other way of removing it if the file would delete itself normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Doesnt sound promising. Especially if you cant even delete the corrupt game data off it. I had the same problem with my phone sim card over xmas, it got corrupted but they said i could get a new sim and transfere all my numbers onto the new sim. Unfortunatly it wouldnt do it, coz it was corrupted!!!!

Damned corrupted things :mad:

Advertisement