Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem With Samsung LCD

• 09-01-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys hope someone can help me out here........

My gf sister has just set up her new lcd in her room and there seems to be a slight problem..............there is NO sound on 2 channels

RTE and Network 2 are ok picture wise and sound wise, but TV3 and TG4 are not the best picture wise and these are the channels that have NO sound....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Any ideas what this could be????

Just to let you know the tv is not connected to the cable system just by the aerial that came with it...hope this helps........

My thought may be the fact that the reception is bad on the 2 channels and that is why the sound will not come through..would i be right????

Any help is much appreciated.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

I reckon you're right about the reception.
    The fact that sound works for RTE and Network 2 shows that your tuner and speakers etc are working fine.
    You could try buying a signal booster.
    Aldi/LIDL often have them or you could try Argos/Maplin.
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=660704
    This kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

if connected by aerial and signal isnt good sound could be dropping to nicam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Thanks for the replies.......yeah i noticed when i change to the channels that have no sound..........the sound guide in the corner changes to
    "Mono"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

yeah i had same problem, the fault is with the aerial not your tv

where in the country are you?

should be using digital source with your lcd anyways as analogue picture wont be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

its in Dublin.....LOL

Not my tv............ ha ha i would not buy an lcd and use just an aerial.......:p

The problem is that there is no tv cable connection in this persons room.....

waste of a tv if you ask me.........whou buys an LCD with no Cable or Digital tv..ha ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement