Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance in waterford

Options
  • 09-01-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi,posting this as a favour for a mate of mine,hes just got his licence back after being banned for drink driving and hes wondering if there are any waterford based insurance companies who provide insurance to people with drink driving convictions as he hasnt had any luck so far?cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭frankmcfrank

bump

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wrong Forum really. I dont know of any (if there are any) Waterford only insurance companies. There all national.

Try looking in the Motors forum for advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Try a broker?

Hope he's learned from his mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

to be honest it shouldnt be on the forum at all. if your mate got caught drink driving he shouldnt be aloud back on the road EVER.. my personal opinion and i also think your wrong to be condoning him getting back on the road in looking for him.. leave him look for his own insurance.. and hopefully for societies sake he wont get any..

A LICENCE IS A PRIVELAGE NOT A RIGHT.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

To be fair, we all make mistakes. I assume he has learned from them and will drive responsibly in the future. Ill move this over to Motors, as I don't see the point in having this conversation here.

Motor Mods:- If you feel differently, feel free to move it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

portlairge wrote: »
    to be honest it shouldnt be on the forum at all. if your mate got caught drink driving he shouldnt be aloud back on the road EVER.. my personal opinion and i also think your wrong to be condoning him getting back on the road in looking for him.. leave him look for his own insurance.. and hopefully for societies sake he wont get any..

A LICENCE IS A PRIVELAGE NOT A RIGHT.

thats a bit harsh mate, i understand what ur saying but we have all made mistakes in our time, you included, those who have not sinned may cast the first stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

plenty of companys will cover him, but its gonna cost, his best bet is to ring a broker, or break out the yellow pages and ring around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

thats a bit harsh mate, i understand what ur saying but we have all made mistakes in our time, you included, those who have not sinned may cast the first stone.

i dont make mistakes that could prove FATAL either to me or others. selfish is what i call it . speaking professionally as a firefighter i cut people like this from cars and just love it when they get caught .

lifetime ban.. the only answer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

i dont make mistakes that could prove FATAL either to me or others. selfish is what i call it . speaking professionally as a firefighter i cut people like this from cars and just love it when they get caught .

Duly noted. Now back to the OPs question?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Will you ever happen to make a post without mentioning what you do for a living. I dont recall you been so public about you occupation when you worked out in Garrett or when when you were a Traffic warden.

We all get the message that you are now a Fireman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement