Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry Shop Recommendation's

Options
  • 09-01-2007 11:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due to popular demand.I am still searching for a good curry house in the North East of the city so I have nothing to recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Spice N'Rice on Dorset Street does a top notch Balti..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Regent in killester and Ming in edenmore are two of my favourites on the northside, i would highly recommend both but if i had to choose i would say ming is the best.
    India House in killester is fantastic for indian curry

ps. any chance of making this a sticky dub13

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

admiralgar wrote:
    Regent in killester and Ming in edenmore are two of my favourites on the northside, i would highly recommend both but if i had to choose i would say ming is the best

Have you ever tried The Welcome on the Malahide road just beside Donnycarney church...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Dub13 wrote:
    Have you ever tried The Welcome on the Malahide road just beside Donnycarney church...?

yes, i brought my mother there once, very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

behold children i will reveal to you the most amazing piece of curryr in all the land.

in la costa beside clontarf garda station.

curry, rice, onion, potateo all wraped in batter for about €2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Bombay Pantry is class. They have outlets around the city, though not sure about the north side. Check out their webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Second the Bombay Pantry suggestion. Best Indian food I've had outside India. The chicken kaharhi (sp) is wonderful and i'm just about to tuck into some - yum!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bombay Pantry for me here too.
    They do limit their delivery area though as they feel the food suffers if travelling too far, which is a good sign I think.

For sit down Indian on the northside, Kinara is lovely - very good value in the lunch special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Dub13 wrote:

We always used to go there but they've gone downhill, everything was wonky or burnt and stuff was always missing. Its sad cos i loved that place but i haven't found anywhere new to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Another vote for Bombay Pantry - we order from the one at Hart's Corner, just between Glasnevin and Phibsboro and it's gorgeous.
    spurious wrote:
    For sit down Indian on the northside, Kinara is lovely - very good value in the lunch special.

Is Kinara Indian? For some reason I always thought it was Asian fusion food. Duh :rolleyes:

edit: drove by it earlier and it's actually called Bombay To Go, so I retract my previous vote for Bombay Pantry!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

stargal wrote:
    Is Kinara Indian? For some reason I always thought it was Asian fusion food. Duh :rolleyes:

It's Indian/Pakistani - very yum.
    http://www.kinara.ie

The 14.95 lunch special is very good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Dub13 wrote:

Live close to that man, and I've only ever heard mixed results.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

sunnyjim wrote:
    Live close to that man, and I've only ever heard mixed results.

So did I,thats why I asked.I have heard from a few people that its not as nice as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I will second Kinara, amazing food. Try the Kinara Khas (or Ghas) if you like meat and prawns, fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

If you want to splash out, try Chili Banana on the Drumcondra Road, right beside the Ivy House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Haven't been there personally but have actually heard bad things about Kinara, but maybe it's not indicative of the general opinion?

I like Pakistani food being Pakistani:D but most places you find it tend to be very disappointing. Pakistani food tastes great but in Ireland, Indian food sometimes tastes better. Indian food is a bit more oilier and bland than pakistani food but they tend to have better chefs and greater choice.

The Punjab Balti House in Ranelagh has great traditional food.

I'm amazed - I have never heard anything but good about Kinara and without exception any meal I have had there has been great, from the food itself to the service to the spotless tablecloths (it's little things that confirm just how good a place is). I have been there with some Pakistani friends who raved about the rice - each to his own I suppose:) .

It would die a death pretty quickly in its location if things weren't up to scratch.

Perhaps you should visit it yourself and see rather than listening to and passing on bad reports from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I find the Bombay Pantry to be very over-rated. They often use to much heat to mask the fact that there is very little real flavour in some of their dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Kinara is fab and fully recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It wasn't a curry but once I ordered a dish from some kippy looking chinese in Clonsaugh, it is the one beside Martin's pub. It was so hot it couldn't be finished. You should check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Namaste on North King Street. They've won awards and get great reviews. mmm, love their food.

Advertisement