Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL again - the cheek of extra charges

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

As if it wasnt bad enough that NTL have decided to hike their prices from 2007 (while continuing to provide a mediocre, unreliable service), but I also received an extra flyer in my bill today stating that from April 1st they are going to charge bill-payers an additional €2 per bill if you dont sign up to pay via direct debit.

Now I know €2 every 2 months isnt much but thats not the point. I always pay my NTL bill (and every other bill for that matter!) on time, I just prefer to pay them myself online and print out the record than have the money taken out automatically.

I know there are afew regular users on this site working in the legal profession so I'm just wondering how it can be legal to penalise customers simply for not signing up to be debited automatically??? I've never heard of such a thing with any of my other regular bills (ESB, Bord Gais etc) so am curious to know if they can impose such a surcharge (esp given the utterly useless service they continue to provide in Charlesland!!!) :mad:

Anyone any idea on the legality of this? Cheers

Comments

Advertisement