Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dipping Lights

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Why don't some people do it?

I just got home from Cavan, and the sheer number of people on the N3 who had their full lights on and didn't dip for oncoming traffic was surprising.

Then there are the ones who think it's ok to drive behind you with their highbeams on, but dip for oncoming traffic.

The mind boggles.

End rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

also fog lights are annoying............

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

All part of the Irish driving experience......................

I share your pain OP - it wrecks my head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Front Fogs especially

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

People in the rear-view with their lamps on full "benefit" from the effect of altering ones rear-view mirror ..... the result is wonderfully behaviour-correcting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Funny enough, they ARE annoying, Colm.

;)

None moreso than on the articulated lorry that was up my jacksie all the way from Nobber to Clonee. One headlight working and the front fogs melting my dashboard. I was in the Herald, which is low to the ground, which exascerbates the issue, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

"Front Fogs" are the new "Skoda Octavia" They seem to pop up in every thread at least once!

Ah! But YOU brought them up this time... maybe this thread would've been the exception to prove the rule? We'll never know now...
    :D

Get back on topic outta that!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

overdriver wrote:
    Get back on topic outta that!
    please - no more mention of the 'f' word!

Lemming wrote:
    People in the rear-view with their lamps on full "benefit" from the effect of altering ones rear-view mirror ..... the result is wonderfully behaviour-correcting

The wing mirrors on my Herald are exactly that - mounted on the wing! Unaccessible from the driving seat.

Advertisement