Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Belfast from Waterford...any advice??!!

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm moving to Belfast to commence a new job soon but I said I'd ask you's for some advice! So guys, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Cheers, suga.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try looking through the Belfast City forum or ask your questions there maybe, best of luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, moved to Belfast City forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Faith wrote:
    Aye, moved to Belfast City forum.

Welcome to the belfast forum !!!

Please see the other posts on this forum to see places to live etc.

Belfast is a great city people are friendly an very obliging. I lived in Dublin where I felt a bit of a sardine really. Moved here and never looked back.

Belfast has a lot of history and you know it all unless you live on the moon. This means it is always wise to know where your going 95% of the city I would say is fine. There are a few small areas that you should probably steer clear of but there are far more in Dublin. These areas are clearly marked like dublin by neglect.

However now as Newtownabbey is quite far out
    http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=-665000&Y=7275000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=1&scale=500000

I have no idea what i can tell you about it , looks fine as I go to Larne?

However the north in general is a nice place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lived in Belfast myself for 4 years (1997-2001) and really enjoyed it. Still go up about once a month to mates.

I lived in campus in Jordanstown for a few months and wouldn't recommend the Newtownabbey area as it is indeed a bit far out although taxi fares are reasonable enough.

I lived in south Belfast for the rest of the time (Malone/Lisburn Road) and I can recommend Belfast as a friendly, fun place with no more danger than anywhere else. Actually I found the place to be far less threatening at weekends than Dublin. :D

It's a small city and you will very quickly get a feel for where not to go.

Enjoy!

Edit: just noticed the orginal thread is a bit old. You're probably there already. :0)

Advertisement