Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Front Door

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello all,

my first thread so I'll have to make a wish!

I need an external front door and haven't a clue where to start looking.

Was hoping to get a vertical panalled door with a small diamond window in the top center, and panels on either side of the door with glass 3/4 ways down.

Do you know of anywhere in my area that does external timber front doors, any recommendations? Can I get it off the shelf or do I need to go to a joinery firm. Already have windows in, uPVC so can't get all from same company.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,139 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think this would be better off in DIY.

I will leave a redirect as the OP is new here

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

We have two hardwood brand new front doors (still in packaging for sale if your are interested). One is a solid oak door with a square glass panel up high...a very popular style and it's a fab heavy door. We have another solid mahogany door...four panel type with nice black and frosted detailed glass in top two panels. Very reasonably priced for a quick sale. Let me know if you are interested.

Will try to find pics.

Cheers
    BW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 colmanmc

We have two hardwood brand new front doors (still in packaging for sale if your are interested). One is a solid oak door with a square glass panel up high...a very popular style and it's a fab heavy door. We have another solid mahogany door...four panel type with nice black and frosted detailed glass in top two panels. Very reasonably priced for a quick sale. Let me know if you are interested.

Will try to find pics.

Cheers
    BW!

Builderwoman

I would be interested in 1 of the above doors also. PM me with pics if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

PM me with pics builderwoman, following your woe's regarding the pellet boiler very closley, was considering getting a Gerkros myself but I'm not so sure now, might hold off a while and see if there are any other better choices about. thanks

OK Fatchance. Will certainly get some pics for you. Following on to the boiler posts...even though we have had a few problems with the boiler I have to say I would still recommend Gerkros...they have been excellent to deal with and I know that if we had the same problems with an imported boiler we would not get the back up and call outs that we have had from Gerkros. The problems are sorted pretty much now and the only problem I have now is getting Balcas to agree that the last load of pellets they delivered were more sawdust than pellets. The quality of pellets are a huge issue here at the moment and SEI are doing nothing to monitor or control them. Do go for the wpb you won't be disappointed. I have to say my experience of this whole build has been to buy Irish products where possible and affordable because you can still get good back up from Irish companies. You may well have to keep on to them but at least you do get results 99% of the time. A lot of wpb suppliers are only in it for a quick buck while the handy money of the grants are around and will be gone by the time any issues arise..I think that Gerkros have been in business 35 years at this stage so hopefully they will continue in the market place. Talk soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hi,

the exact door you're looking for is supplied by munstery joinery, ballydesmond, cork.

i have it in a gaff, only thing there's "lead" running through the off-set diamond, but it's easy to change the glass.

Hi All,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. All doors are brand new...still in wrapping. We changed the style of our entrances and hence these doors which we had already bought would not fit in with new entrance.

We have 2 x Cottage Style doors
    Solid Oak
    32x80x40
    The picture shows the same door but ours does not have the piece of wood at the bottom of it.
    http://www.oak-windows.co.uk/exterior_doors/11.shtml
    These doors are really popular at the moment.

Also have 2 x Mahogany External Doors for sale
    They are Permata Doors
    Style: Warwick
    Glass in our ones is much nicer than in the pic. It's Chantilly frosted glass with some black details on it.
    32x44x80
    http://www.permatadoor.com/productdetail.asp?Name=Warwick

These pictures will give you an idea of the type of doors we have for sale.
    Unfortunately at the weekend I did not get near where they are stored to take photos. Anyone interested let me know and we can talk further then.

Thanks,
    BW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

thanks bw,

not exactly the style I was after but appreciate you getting back to me

Fatchance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 firespotter

Hi Builderwoman,

I am interested if they have frames as well. In other words does each have a surround frame to fix to the wall and then hang the door ?

An idea of price would help as well as your approx. location.

I Co. Dublin.

Hi Firespotter,

No we haven't got frames for them. You can buy suitable frames for them from Dublin Door store Bluebell Ind Estate. We are just south of you in Co Kildare. Price...somewhere around €400. No reasonable offer refused.
    Let me know? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement