Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church near Waterford City?

• 10-01-2007 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering wheres the nearest catholic church to W.I.T?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a small one just behind the college I believe. Right by the Grave Yard. Across from the Waterford Crystal Sports Centre place.

Other then that, I think there all in the City Centre..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Lisduggan is the next closest, i'm sure thats a catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

That place in the graveyard is only a little chapel and is only open on special anniversaries and things like that.
    Lisduggan is the nearest alright.
    Are you going to ask god to help you pass your exams OP? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Actually what about the Chapel on the college street campus ? Is that open the whole time ?

There's a chapel in the college street campus is there?
    I'm not in WIT and was never in the college street campus so I wouldn't know.
    Even if there is, the Lisduggan church is still closer, and it's a church, not a chapel. Like all Catholic institutes however, they preach the highest nonsense inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

there is also saint saviours in ballybeg which is as close as st paul in lisduggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

c - 13 wrote:
    Actually what about the Chapel on the college street campus ? Is that open the whole time ?

Unfortunately not. This is only used for conferring and special events. Shame really, it's a beautiful church.

There is a red brick church up near Norris's Corner. Can't remember the name. Then there is the St. Saviour's, Ballybeg & Sacred Heart, The Folly.

God Bless You. :D

Dan133269 wrote:
    Like all Catholic institutes however, they preach the highest nonsense inside.

Thats a little harsh don't you think. I think opinions like that are best kept to yourself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shapez wrote:
    Thats a little harsh don't you think. I think opinions like that are best kept to yourself.

Agreed. This isnt a bloody religious debate. Comments like that should be kept to yourself, or made somewhere else.

Agreed, sorry lads, I get ahead of myself sometimes! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Apology accepted. :D

Dan133269 wrote:
    Agreed, sorry lads, I get ahead of myself sometimes! :rolleyes:

We all say things we end up regretting, at least your man enough to admit it. :) Fair play to ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

shapez wrote:
    Unfortunately not. This is only used for conferring and special events. Shame really, it's a beautiful church.

There is a red brick church up near Norris's Corner. Can't remember the name.

Holy Family I believe

Advertisement