Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the sack

Options
  • 10-01-2007 7:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

to whoever is in charge of Letterkenny's enviromental program.
    Years after the closure of the recycling fascilities at the high road and still no replacement thus depriving thousands of a means to dispose of the ever increasing mountain of waste plastic,etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i spent 2 hrs running around LK looking for a bottle bank efore xmas and couldnt find any...have they all been taken away too yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Thats a disgrace in this day and age, recycling should be a big priority all off towns these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

bottle/clothes bank at Dunnes(old) but overflowing as seems to be the norm.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, the banks in the Lidl/Atlantic carpark have been removed. I think they've been moved to the carpark of the Govt building (that one with the grass roof and coloured glass?) but of course, the gates here lock after business hours.

So the only other proper place I'm aware of is in the old Dunnes carpark, and as already mentioned, it's usually a mess.

As an aside, since there's no amenity site, it's a pity there wasn't some sort of bank for cardboard, as most of the rubbish accumulated outside the bottle banks seems to be cardboard boxes, from which the recyclables were transported.

I had usually used the Amenity Site in Stranorlar, and find the site very good, though peeved at the €5 for a bootful of recyclables (excluding glass as it's free). Now I just get the Ferrys recycling bag at €3 and it saves me the trip to Twin Towns. :)

I think that there is an Amenity site being finished off in Laghey also. Odd how Laghey etc can have one, but none for the biggest town in the county!

Advertisement