Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon

• 10-01-2007 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard about the Cork Marathon this year...

http://www.corkcitymarathon.ie/

The route is being finalised and entry forms will be available soon. This is great to have a marathon in Cork, the last one was in '86 I think.

Does anyone here intend on doing this? Do you think there will be a good turnout? I think people have to be made aware of this before it can become a success but I hope it will take off...I am going to train for it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Yup, I am signing up - just waiting on the entry form. Timing is perfect just 20 weeks away with Connemara in between. Hopefully the route is not going up Patrick's Hill though:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

well if it is I aint putting on my running shoes! It's great to have a marathon in the same area that U train in..no catching trains, planes etc..yeah it's good timing alright, I was off the running scene last year (had new addition to family) so I am using this marathon to get myself into shape as I am also doing the New York marathon this year in November..some tough work ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Just don't understand WHY ON EARTH they put it on the same weekend as the mini-marathon. Talk about bad timing would loved to have done the cork marathon but its the 25th mini-marathon anniversary and its a great chance for friends and family of all ages and ability to participate in an event together.

Woeful timing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

oh is it on the same weekend?? That's seems a bit odd alright. However I don't think many people doing the mini marathon may be signing up for the full scale marathon anyway <maybe this is a gross generalisation on my behalf..!>

I wonder are they trying to reduce logistical work...maybe have the start/finish in the same area for both...

Has anyone heard anything in relation to sponsors for the marathon yet? I am not getting that warm fuzzy feeling about it and I just pray that it will be properly organised (i.e. roads closed off, decent refreshment stations, etc). But the fact that there has already been a delay in releasing entry forms and apparently the announced route is under review again...I hope they get the finger out soon if they want to attract people to this event.

Advertisement