Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marketing Assignment Help

• 10-01-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am new to boards.ie and I am in a bit of a pickle. I am an Event Management student and I am doing Marketing as a subject in the course. I have an assignment due in today at 6pm and I have 75% of it finished but I have this last bit to do. Not being the strongest in Marketing I thought I would pop the question in here and see if anyone can give me a general direction in which way to go about answering it.
    Basically we where given a case study on David Beckham and asked to answer 3 questions(this one being a 20 mark/400-500words). The case study has nothing out of the ordinary, just a general overview of the Beckham brand.

"Beckham as a brand has had its fair share of highs and lows"

Discuss this statement in relation to the benefits associated with a successful brand strategy.

I was going to answer it along the celebrity endorsement lines however after writing maybe 100 words and losing them somewhere on my computer I have been having doubts which direction the question should be answered.

Any Help/Info would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johana

Pity I didn’t see this earlier

Go on the lines of the Beckham dilemma – on one hand he is a youth icon, self made, successful, a smash in the orient – on the other a falling star (announced leaving Spain in the summer). Would he tarnish a brand with his behavior on field, captain being sent off, leaving his club after being instructed not to, the ‘unusual’ spouse – what really is his image and how will it reflect on your brand and at what price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

david beckham as a brand is a phenomenol success story from a business and marketing point of view
    it when you look at him purely in terms of soccer that you start to have problems
    david beckham is without doubt thee most over rated footballer in the history of football, if he did not have pop star looks and a pop star wife , he would not be signing this 250 million dollar contract with LA whatever the team is
    i dont think that the team in LA or the usa in general would be as interested in say ronaldhinio, beckhams move to the usa has everything to do with celebrity and almost nothing to do with football but then in the usa sport is much more about entertainment than it is in this part of the world
    i mean we can all agree that the pre show entertainment at an american football game far exceeds the main event itself
    beckham and his awfull missus will no doubt join the party going celebrity posse , we will probably see him at the mtv awards and other awards shows

while beckhams off field persona has been thriving this past number of yrs , his move to real madrid was a huge success for the club , yes i know he hardly ever played but sales of madrid shirts went through the roof , particulary in the far east
    but his orignial role as a footballer has been a dismal failure of late
    david beckham in quite a few ways encapsulated the modern era we live in , his brand is all style and no substance , globally he is much less famous for what he originally started off ass and while he is assetically gifted
    he is intelectually bankrupt
    hes everything thats wrong with soccer if u ask me

Advertisement