Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peach or Daisy? Daisy or Peach?

Options
  • 10-01-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up Mario Kart DS over the christmas period. Was surprised to see both Peach and Daisy included as playable characters.
    What is the difference between them in the whole Mario world story line. I always thought that they were named differently for geographic reasons, Peach US/Europe and Daisy for Japan.

Just on the game. Does it piss anyone else off the frequency of a blue shell wahen you are coming around the last corner when playing on 150cc. Only thing that pisses me off about the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nah they're seperate people, princesses of neighbouring kingdoms IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yeh, didn't Luigi continually mention this 'other' kingdom in his letter's to Mario in Paper Mario 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, Daisy is Mario's bit of fluff on the side
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Daisy

Peach is clearly hotter though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

According to wikipedia Princess peach is the princess of mushroom kingdom while Princess daisy is the princess of Sarasaland that featured in the GB marioland games first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ah thanks

/sings
    I can see cleary now the rain is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

You mean . . . . .Marios a bigamist :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

tman wrote:
    Yeah, Daisy is Mario's bit of fluff on the side
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Daisy

Peach is clearly hotter though

no way daisy is a dirty bitch man.... check out mario golf on gc:p

anyway
    Princess toadstool tbh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If we're gonna turn this into a "which Nintendo princess would you like to get down'n'dirty with" thread (like it should be!) -- Daisy.
    Peach's been around the block, know what I mean? Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say-no-more eh!?

... I mean, you ever wondered where all those Bowser Kids came from? Wasn't Birdo, that's for sure (cos Birdo's a dirty tranny) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Princess Toadstool, forgot about her. Mario gets around. He should get an STI check.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To paraphrase Red Dwarf,
    I'd sleep with Daisy.... But I'd be thinking about Peach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

They both appear in Mario Kart: Double Dash as well, so it's not a new convergence of their storylines.

rabies wrote:
    Princess Toadstool, forgot about her. Mario gets around. He should get an STI check.
    You also forgot Pauline (from Donkey Kong). The girl who kept getting "captured" by a giant ape...
    Yup, Mario likes the princesses - especially the ones who hang out with large male animal-types ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Daisy was a total babe in mario tennis for N64, but then they fuglied her in recent games, and now she's a pasty skank. So Peach wins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Peach's looks mixed with Daisy's skankiness. Mmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Who changed my boards.ie bookmark to 4chan? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Peach proved more popular in the Nintendo Babes Poll

But Samus beat them both.

Peach proved more popular in the Nintendo Babes Poll

But Samus beat them both.
    That's only cos you didn't use a proper pic of Zelda, like her SSBM(/OoT) one...

Hyrulian princess FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    That's only cos you didn't use a proper pic of Zelda, like her SSBM(/OoT) one...

Hyrulian princess FTW!

I don't know, someone that change into a man at will would be a Dodgy to me :D

Eh... I go with Peach as she seems the classier of the two. Of course she was called the mushroom princess at one point...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

fags.

SyxPak wrote:
    fags.
    What?
    We're discussing which female we'd rather boink...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't let him see the Nintendo Hunks poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    What?
    We're discussing which female we'd rather boink...

Yes. Which ficticious female character from a computer game, some of whom are practically cartoon characters.

Samus, I'd let that slide, as there's an element of cybersexpunkchix0r there, which has some understandable appeal (chix with guns = good).

But didn't this phase pass circa 1995 with Ms. Croft's derigible bazooms?

Talk about promoting your negative stereotypes.

"Hey chaps, seen that Smurfette fisting vid on juchoob yet?"

Advertisement