Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb satelite users

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I have a satelite connection being routed through a wireless hub. There are 5 people using the connection but only two heavy users the rest just check email every once in a while.

One computer has terrible trouble connecting, I had set the two heavy users on static ips in the begining as letting the pcs request their own ips (off th satelite modem) was hit and miss. Yesterday one of the heavy users just wouldn't connect to the internet, can't ping the machine but it says it's on the wireless network. I've tried setting it back to recieving it's ip automatically and it says it's connected with limited conectivity.

The only thing I changed was adding another computer to the network so they could access the internet and I'm wondering if the digiweb modem will only allow a certain amount of users on the network at a time.

I've gone over an over the settings and can't find anything wrong.

Advertisement