Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Captain Planet in Belfast???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

omfg class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Of course! Catholic/Protestant bakerys are the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Cartoons were so much better in the 90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If anyone can find this episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles online then you sir would be a legend!!!

The technodrome in dublin, a rainbow trans-charmer, dublin castle getting pulled into a dimensional portal and Michaelangelo turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger!? This is the stuff dreams are made of...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

OMFGROFLMAO.

did this ever air?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

classic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

If anyone can find this episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles online then you sir would be a legend!!!

didnt a number of the turtles cartoons get made in ireland?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    didnt a number of the turtles cartoons get made in ireland?
    All of them did. The animation studio was based in Dublin.

so i'm guesing that episode should be very accurate of ireland in the late 80's early 90's. :d

• Advertisement

Probably about as accurate as a modern day US cartoon would depict Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Of course! Catholic/Protestant bakerys are the answer!

catholic bakers, prostestant bakers, but its all feckin french bread damnit:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

nukes in belfast, ya gotta love it :D:D god bless those crazy yanks!

as to it airing ,while i dont know for sure, considering the hissy fit they had over star trek even suggesting unification in an episode, i doubt it.

Speaking of terrible representations of Ireland in US TV Shows.

Earth: Final Conflict was a science fiction series that was set in the near future and they had the United Irish Republic in it.

Terrible stuff... the episode opened with a squad of soldiers clad in black led by a woman with a nordie accent raiding a pub in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

actually sounds like an average saturday night on washington street :D:D

i remember earth final conflict though my brother was more into it than me. some not bad visual if i remember correctly, and a few hotties to boot:D

Classic.

Damn them Protestants and their torching the bakery!! Or was it the Catholics? Oh well.

"Ye should call yerself John. A good Protestant name."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

must see that episode of the turtles or just a small bit will do , that video was savage all the lads in the house loved that, good find!

not a northern ireland misrepresentation...but has anyone seen the episode of Dead Like Me with the Irishman in it?

It goes like this: Two Reapers go to pick up this old irish lad who is about to die, anywho he dies and the two reapers collect his soul, and his own personal heaven appears. Up shows the cliff of moher and the guy looks at it gives a big smile and says 'Ah jesz its the cliff of dover.'

Now I thought I was mistaken, but I was watching it with two others and they both started to piss themselves laughing, so i knew I must have heard right.

I wouldnt mind except the image of the cliffs were the cliffs of Moher as far as I could see, but he said it was the cliffs of dover.
    The Irish guy at the end saw the white cliffs of Dover, which fans from Ireland will probably be offended to see as they are in fact on the English coastline facing France.

Yep. I remember that episode of Dead Like Me. Drove me nuts as it was otherwise a fairly good episode.

These sort of misrepresentations of our beloved emerald isle could probably do with a thread of there own somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The technodrome in dublin, a rainbow trans-charmer, dublin castle getting pulled into a dimensional portal and Michaelangelo turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger!? This is the stuff dreams are made of...

al if you can find out if it's in season 1,2,3 i may have it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cremo wrote:
    al if you can find out if it's in season 1,2,3 i may have it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_episodes_%281987_series%29

Apparently it's in a sideseason where the turtles went to Europe in between seasons 6 and 7. Looks like it's not available on dvd either :(

Xavi6 wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_episodes_%281987_series%29

Apparently it's in a sideseason where the turtles went to Europe in between seasons 6 and 7. Looks like it's not available on dvd either :(
    Wow... there is an episode in that series called 'April Gets in Dutch'... that sounds dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Heres the full captain planet episode if anyone's interested. Its called "If It's Doomsday, This Must Be Belfast" :eek:

I've spent a good while looking for that turtles episode online but its just not out there. Loads of places have all the main seasons but none have that 'side season' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

Heres the full captain planet episode if anyone's interested. Its called "If It's Doomsday, This Must Be Belfast" :eek:

I've spent a good while looking for that turtles episode online but its just not out there. Loads of places have all the main seasons but none have that 'side season' :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUW06pYtvAo

it shows a statue of st patrick on a horse with swords.

who wants to play toss the hat with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

lol i found this years ago on youtube...heart is hilarious....he must feel left out...i bet he was added in after because there was no south americans.

protastant: i forgive ya sean
    catholic: wait a minute you cant be forgiving me until i be forgiving you first.
    protastant: the devil i say, tis i forgive you first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

deco05ie wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUW06pYtvAo

it shows a statue of st patrick on a horse with swords.
    Lol did anyone else spot the "TURF" shop in the second video. O the lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Why is St. Patrick on a horse, wielding a sword in each hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Here you go sir Boo Yaa

Advertisement