Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get access to a Router

Options
  • 10-01-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I am changing over Zyxel Router/modem(P623) to a Linksys wireless Router/modem. The thing is I was using the Zyxel behind a Netgear Ta612Vsp(voip ata) and to get my voip setup working I think I had to change some settings on the Zyxel including the standard 192.168.1.1 . Now when I tried to find out what I changed it to ie:typing "ipconfig/all" it doesnt seem to give me any info. I know I could just reset it but I want to get the info/settings of it to use on the Linksys to save me all the hassle of looking for the settng again to keep my voip setup working. Is there something I am doing wrong or should the IP address of my zyxel come up when I go to command promt and type "ipconfig" or "ipconfig/all" ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

presuming you are connected to the zyxel when you go to command prompt and type ipconfig the ip address listed next to default gateway is the ip address of your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thats what I was hoping but all I am getting is this. I have my nic on the laptop to get IP automatically

C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

:\Documents and Settings\Anyone>ipconfig/all

indows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Laptop
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

thernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrat
    oller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-40-CA-D7-9E-DC
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.53.140
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

:\Documents and Settings\Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

strange that you dont have a default gateway and yet your internet is working... you would get a far better response in the broadband forum.. i dont think many people check net/comms.. i wouldnt say start a new thread rather pm one of the mods here and ask them to move it to broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Ab, i just bit the bullet and factory reset it;)

Advertisement