Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange happenings on Kavanagh Bus

• 10-01-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I was on a kavanaghs bus last night from Dub to Clonmel.

Bus pulled in at Newpark Hotel in KK and then I heard a bit of a commotion at the back of the bus and someone (was a Garda who must have got on bus in Dub) was screaming for this bloke to put his hands up in the air.

And then prob 6 undercover Gardai piled on the bus - all wearing these blue latex gloves and dragged a fella (looked rough) and a little girl (about 9 year old) off the bus and took there possessions away in forensic type bags.

WTF was that all about ? Anyone hear anything of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Nope havent heard a thing. Did Kavanaghs give any explanation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH it was probably drugs related, or maybe he's a suspect in a murder.... why would kavanaghs be able to give an explanation?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

It did seem to be co-ordinated with the bus driver - cos he switched all the lights on in the bus and opened the door and then waited until the these people (garda) appeared from around the corner - running full tilt at the bus.

I noticed bus driver was on his mobile more than usual whilst driving towards KK - so that could have been something to do with it.

To be honest at first I thought there was a gang of people coming on the bus to rob us ....and that the garda already on the bus was part of the gang....until I heard them shout that they were the gardai and then saw the latex gloves they were all wearing.

I should have asked the driver what that was all about but everyone was just being really cool about it as though this sort of thing happens all the time - so i didn't want to appear the nosey parker !

Guess I'll scan next weeks KK people/voice see if anything is in there.

- the bloke they took looked like a junkie, as he had bandages on his wrist and seemed very unsteady. He did have a big rucksak with him, so maybe that was full of drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Lump wrote:
    why would kavanaghs be able to give an explanation?

John

I should point out im not criticising Kavanaghs. Im not saying they should have given an explanation. Im just curious to know did the driver or anyother rep offer any explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Wow. That was certainly eventful. If you find out what happened, could you post it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

had he perhaps doged his fare ?

(or perhaps that of the little kid, sneaking her in in the big rucksack only to be rumbled by a bus driver who happened to be part of the new volunteer garda thingy ?? )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

had he perhaps doged his fare ?

rofl

any further news on this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

No, there was no further news/info regarding this.

I scanned the papers (Voice and People). There were a few reports that were so vague that it could easily have been that, such as -

'last week €5,000 worth of cannabis seized by Gardai in Kilkenny City'

It will have to be one of life's unsolved mysteries for me.
    I will be more nosey in future !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Darn! I was curious about what had happened :confused:

Advertisement