Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brown bread recipe

• 10-01-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all

Does anyone have a recipe for Avoca brown bread (multiseed bread) please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

the easy way is to use odlums brown soda bread mix and the avoca multiseed mix (easier to just buy the multiseed mix, making it up the seed mix is a pain and seems to cost as much as buying the tub of seeds in avoca).
    I also fins if you use half water and milk to make the bread it tastes better.

The actual recipie is in the avoca cookbook, I will have a look later, but the brown soda and seeds mix hits the spot very nicely in less than 45 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm bumping this as I really need the Avoca Brown Bread recipe. I left my Avoca books in my mother's house and she's not there so she can't get the recipe to me in time.
    I suppose I could do my Dad's old trick of going to Easons and either recording a voice message of the recipe or writing it in a text message (subtly) but I thought I'd try here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

200g white flour
    300g coarse brown flour
    3 handfuls bran
    2 handfuls wheatgerm
    2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
    1 level tsp salt
    1 desertspoon treacle
    600-900ml milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks a million, been craving that bread for a few days. My boyfriend will be delighted when he comes to visit and I have soup and brown bread ready for him!! (I'm such a suck!!)

Thanks again.

Advertisement