Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble winner - call it

• 10-01-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Well the Rumble is happening on the 28th of this month and I'm interested in finding out what you think will happen as well as what you want to happen. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Who I think will win the Rumble - Randy Orton

I have a feeling that a heel will win this year for a change to shake things up. Triple H's injury has forced a rethink and other than Orton, who else can Cena face at Mania? He's faced Edge and Umaga already, while Khali is a joke. The WWE trusts Orton very much and he was tipped to win it in previous years. I think this is his year.

Who I want to win - The Undertaker

He's never won it and it would be cool to see. Instead of Taker vs Batista though, I'd like to see Taker vs Cena and have him jump to Raw. Imagine the interest this match would bring. Many fans would be outraged at the idea of Cena putting an end to Taker's undefeated streak at Mania. The crowd reaction for this match would be amazing.

It will be interesting to see what hapens. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

who i think will win...randy orton
    who i want to win...randy orton

Im an orton fan and id love to see him in the main even picture soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I haven't a clue who will win, only who I want to win .... Orton seems like a good pick to win it though, so I'll go with him.

Who I want to win - Booker T
    Booker T, so far he's won king of the ring, the title, and the champion of champions match, all that's left for him to win is the royal rumble. But he's fought batista a few times already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Who I want to win - The Undertaker

He's never won it and it would be cool to see. Instead of Taker vs Batista though, I'd like to see Taker vs Cena and have him jump to Raw. Imagine the interest this match would bring. Many fans would be outraged at the idea of Cena putting an end to Taker's undefeated streak at Mania. The crowd reaction for this match would be amazing.

It will be interesting to see what hapens. Your thoughts?
    that thought, i mean, so many thoughts, cat amongst pigeons for sure. i'm having a hard time thinking of all the possibilities, it would really be a massive story and a shock for once, quite like edge at NYR last year. its been a long time since we were hit straight out of left field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What I'd like to see would be CM Punk winning it and beating Cena for the title. The only way a SD or ECW guy will win it is if they're challenging for Cena's title I think. A Raw guy might win and challenge Batista, but it's most likely that they'll challenge Cena. Orton does seem the most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a triple-threat involving Edge or Shawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I dont mind who wins it as long as its not Edge hideing outside the ring and then hoping in and beating whoever thought they won it. They have done it twice with Edge winning them and its just stupid the 1st time was good but the 2nd time I thought was ridculous. I have no problem Edge winnig it as long as its not that way.
    Who I think will win it
    Em..... Randy Orton is the favourite so I'll go with an outsider..... Mr.Kennedy or MVP

Who I want to win it
    Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton or Carlito
    I really cant see Hardy winning it as they will keep him with the IC.
    Orton could win it but I think he will get kicked out in the last 5 by Edge.
    Carlito wont win it if they are going to go for a midcarder they will go for one from ECW or Smackdown to challenge Cena

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Who i reckon will win it
    Edge or Umaga

Who i would like to see win it
    Edge or Carlito

Who i reckon is a dark horse
    Rob Conway or M V P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I wanna see Taker or Punk win it.

I think Taker will win it.

Punk or Jeff Hardy as the dark horses though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I would like Punk to win it, but there's no chance. He'll probably be first in and first out.

Unfortunatley the Undertaker will win it...Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

The thing about royal rumble is you dont have to be over that much to win it. Mysterio last year was over by much but still won it. Neither was Benoit when he won it. I'll have to wait and see who in it offically. I think ppl had orton down to win it last year too so i'll won't say he'd win it but he still could be in a title match at WM23. I only watch RAW and ECW and can't see any wrestlers that i would pick to win it. So i'll choose a smackdown guy for now. Maybe Kennedy or Taker.

Who i would want to win it. Edge but only if Cena lost the title to Orton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

great idea about taker vs cena,much better main event than cena umaga for the crowd reaction alone

to win? i want either Edge or Mr.Kennedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

......kennedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Who would I like to see win?

Well someone with talent who's deserving of a main event slot at Wrestlemania! I'd like to see to one of Edge, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Benoit, Finlay, Regal, Booker but TBH I can only see Edge and Benoit be the only realistic possibilities of that list. If I had to plump for one guy I'd really like to see win it this year it would be Benoit, he's a legend, he would put on a solid match and I'd love him to see him kick Cena's ass at Mania!

Who I think will win?

After Raw the other night I've had a fear that Khali will face Cena and thus result in him legit killing 29 other guys in Rumble but despite the lack of brain cells in WWE creative, I don't believe they're that thick to have Khali win it (well I hope not! :) ) so......

I've gone for Undertaker. I'll be shocked if he's not facing Batista at Mania and with Triple H's injury throwing up Cena's Mania match in the air, Taker appears the be the most predictable and realistic option. I can't see an ECW guy been put over to win the Rumble considering it is firmly the WWE's 3rd brand and with that huge lump of sh!t been moved to Raw, ECW's main event match is up in the air too. Taker would also be an option if they did decide for him to face Cena - however I can't see WWE making no.1 babyface Cena job at Mania and if he did beat Taker (or HBK, Benoit or anyone who's massively over) half the crowd in Detroit WILL riot. I'd be surprised if Cena/Taker happened so I can see a Taker victory setting up heat between him and Batista possibly resulting in Batista heel turn. Also, Taker has not main evented since 1997, never won the Rumble, last 6 or 7 winners have been faces and he's hasn't got age on his side - it has to be Taker!

I wouldn't rule out Orton or Kane either. Orton is a likely feeding opponent for Cena and winning the Rumble may put him over to a greater degree than he is now but I still don't think he's over enough with fans and WWE for main event at Mania. Kane could well be a factor in a Batista/Taker fued - wouldn't rule out a 3 way between them.

All I'm praying that it's not Kh*li, Um*ga, (even Rosie, Trump or K-Fed!) but with WWE at the moment, you can't rule it out! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Who I want:
    CM Punk or Finlay

Who Will:
    Orton. I'd say he'll get a massive push now.

Are you guys serious about Taker? If he wins I may have to give up watching WWE entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Undertaker. Its time for a S/D winner 2 years running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

I'd love to see Benoit back in title contention, he's a main eventer and needs to get back to the top. US title isnt good enough for him. Sadly this wont happen on Smackdown anytime soon so Raw is the only option.

When is JBL coming out of retirement? Remember he's a Vince favourite so you never know...Hope I've missed something glaringly obvious and he wont be back to win the Rumble...

Just saw Jericho's name mentioned for Wrestlemania...Is 17 days too short for him to sign up and be in the rumble?? (ofcourse it is but anything is possible in sports entertainment!)

AFAIK JBL's Back is Fúcked!
    Don't think he's coming back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

definitely Randy Orton no question bout that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Who I'd like to win it-Randy Orton.
    Cena vs Orton would be a good main event match. It would be pretty fresh as these guys have little history together. However, there seems to be little time for a big build-up for a programme between them. At WM 19, Lesnar and Angle had a programme spanning many months, and even the debacle of Lesnar v Goldberg was started back at the previous Survivor Series. I thought Angle/Mysterio/Orton last year was weak simply because there was very little build up to the match, and I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. Anyways, I'd like to see Orton as WWE Champ :D .

Who I think will win it-Undertaker
    I really can't see anyone else winning it. Whereas on Raw, there are plenty of reasons why Orton/Cena could start a feud (although they would want to hurry), there is very little reason for 2 faces on Smackdown deciding that they want to face each other (Taker v Batista) other than reuse an old story (Bastista trying to end the Undertakers undefeated streak at WM or Taker just feeling like he deserves a titleshot). So a rumble win for the Phenom would set up a Title VS Streak match which would be pretty cool to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I think WWE, apart from its lack of quality, really needs to shake things up a little.

Who I think is going to win...Well Orton is the obvious choice but if they were to shake things up then Kennedy, switching to Raw to face Cena who has majorly heeled by screwing over HBK or someone.

Who I would like to win...not that many people that I can really root for these days but I would have to pick Shawn Michaels if he reverted back to his cocky pre-dx(original dx) attitude :rolleyes: . He his born to main event and when he wants to, can make fans absolutely love him or absolutely despise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'm going to go with one of the champions entering it and winning to have a unification match at Wrestlemania. One thing JR pointed out with the injury to HHH was that there was a lack of depth at the top to cover for him, so that would make me think they might consider at least scrapping ECW, if not doing away with the split brands altogether, and unifying titles would be one way to start that storyline wise. Plus, if they change their minds before Mania, all they have to do is have the Rumble winner lose his title on his brand (obviously by being cheated out of it some way) before challanging for one of the other belts at Mania. If he loses at Mania he would then have a storyline waiting for him back in his own brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Who I think will win the rumble:Randy Orton
    Who I want to win the rumble:The undertaker
    I would really like to see the undertaker get another title shot.I just hope batista dosn't end his winning streak at wrestlemania

Thatd be awesome if they reunified the brands, it's whats killing wwe imho, that and Vince's growing madness. Afraid I cant see it happening in reality though, the 2 brands is more of a money spinner i.e more but crappy quality ppv's, also would the current talent be happy to go on the road for 2 shows a week and then cutting the roster in half again? I think there would be a revoult and it would kill the wwe...Thered be a massive jumo to TNA with its light workload....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think Orton will win it and face Cena at Wrestlemania.

I would like the Undertaker to do a Ric Flair on it but i can't see that happening. Also, it would be good to see Cena V Undertaker at wrestlemania since everyone will be on the edge of their seats- well, at least i will be- wondering are they going to have Cena end Undertaker's winning streak! Although, given triple H's is gone maybe Jr's comments were a reference to someone like CM Punk or Mr. Kennedy getting a major push.

If Orton wins the title hopefully he'll do a better job as a heel than he did as a face!

I don't understand why so many ppl think Taker should win the RR!
    The guy should have retired years ago IMO!

If he does win it then I hope his Streak does end at WM!

Gillie wrote:
    I don't understand why so many ppl think Taker should win the RR!
    The guy should have retired years ago IMO!

Yup, just your opinion, Taker is probably in the best condition he's ever been in. Theres such a lack of talent on both brands and you think he should be gone? Stop the madness!

I'm not saying he should at all, I can't stand him anymore, he's just a politician like HHH, so he's always up there in the main events (when he can be arsed to show up). The strong rumour for WM is Taker vs Botchtista in a title vs streak match, which makes sense but will undoubtadly stink the place up.

Gillie wrote:
    AFAIK JBL's Back is Fúcked!
    Don't think he's coming back!

Didnt see this earlier...I was told he did wrestle when the WWE were in Dublin lasttime out and theres being rumors doing the rounds a few months back, this isnt the only place I saw this, just cant find any sources that arent in the 1st 3 sites on my google...
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/v2/wi/stc/nws/2006/11/21/21068.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not saying he should at all, I can't stand him anymore, he's just a politician like HHH, so he's always up there in the main events (when he can be arsed to show up).

A politician? What a load of crap you are spouting.

Undertaker is a guy who unlike other top guys in the business is willing to put over young talent ALL THE TIME. Many of whom are guys you could say were undeserving - Lesnar, Heidenreich, Great Khali to name a few. Where and when did he use politics to prevent putting over these guys? He didn't.

He was also instrumental in helping JBL, Orton and Ken Kennedy progress to another level.

Undertaker also could have had way more title reigns than he has had but he hasn't used his stroke to get them. He has been a total professional. So what if he wants to take time off these days? Hasn't he earned that right?

It's common knowledge that Undertaker is one of, if not THE most, loyal of all of Vince's employees. He never went sniffing around WCW. He was a loyal soldier.

Frankly to say he uses politics like Triple H is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this board. Are you being serious?

And when was the last time he main evented a PPV like you allege? Wouldn't that have been No Way Out in February of last year? Get real, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JATOH

Maybe Monty Brown

• Advertisement

A politician? What a load of crap you are spouting.

Undertaker is a guy who unlike other top guys in the business is willing to put over young talent ALL THE TIME. Many of whom are guys you could say were undeserving - Lesnar, Heidenreich, Great Khali to name a few. Where and when did he use politics to prevent putting over these guys? He didn't.

He was also instrumental in helping JBL, Orton and Ken Kennedy progress to another level.

Undertaker also could have had way more title reigns than he has had but he hasn't used his stroke to get them. He has been a total professional. So what if he wants to take time off these days? Hasn't he earned that right?

It's common knowledge that Undertaker is one of, if not THE most, loyal of all of Vince's employees. He never went sniffing around WCW. He was a loyal soldier.

Frankly to say he uses politics like Triple H is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this board. Are you being serious?

And when was the last time he main evented a PPV like you allege? Wouldn't that have been No Way Out in February of last year? Get real, mate.

Sorry. I don't agree at all!
    The guy has been under selling ppl's moves for years making them look like muppets! Why the fúck has he got that unbeaten streak at mania? What's the point of it?
    So what if he's loyal! That don't mean shít to me! Brooklyn Brawler is loyal!
    I liked the guy for 5 minutes back in 94.
    But since then i'm afraid he just annoys me! To me its like he's been shoved down our throats like Cena!

But hey! There are ppl out there who are fans so that's cool!
    But why should he win RR this year of all years? We had Rey winning it last year! Wasn't that bad enough?
    It's time for some of the new blood to win the Rumble!
    They can set up the Title vs Streak match at WM without Taker winning the RR!

Gillie wrote:
    Sorry. I don't agree at all!
    The guy has been under selling ppl's moves for years making them look like muppets!

The guy has played a monster which has at times required him to under sell moves. It still didn't prevent him from putting over the guys I mentioned.
    Gillie wrote:
    Why the fúck has he got that unbeaten streak at mania? What's the point of it?

Because it's his legacy that's why. He hasn't had numerous title reigns despite being one of the biggest stars but he has something unique in his undefeated streak.
    Gillie wrote:
    So what if he's loyal! That don't mean shít to me! Brooklyn Brawler is loyal!
    I liked the guy for 5 minutes back in 94.
    But since then i'm afraid he just annoys me! To me its like he's been shoved down our throats like Cena!

One minute people say he's not there enough, the next minute he's being shoved down throats? Whatever. His loyalty proves he's a person you can like outside the ring - at least in my eyes anyway.
    Gillie wrote:
    But why should he win RR this year of all years? We had Rey winning it last year! Wasn't that bad enough?
    It's time for some of the new blood to win the Rumble!
    They can set up the Title vs Streak match at WM without Taker winning the RR!

"New blood" have won it the last four years! It was used to elevate Lesnar, Benoit, Batista and Rey to the next level. I think it's time to allow a top star to win it especially since right now they are crying out for top stars.

They need to sell-out a very large arena remember so they better put on a very good main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Undertaker and what he's done for other guys is extremely debatable.

I wouldn't agree with anything Gillie said just there but its not always the case that people are more over after they have feuded with the Undertaker.

Obviously the Undertaker can't job every week/month. If he did he wouldn't be the Undertaker and him finally losing to someone wouldn't mean as much (look at the way they treat Flair as a contrast. When you beat a guy like Flair it should mean something. In WWE 2007, it means very very little)). So its a balancing act.

I think the whole Undertaker topic is a hard one to say definitively either way.

They need to sell-out a very large arena remember so they better put on a very good main event.

Its already sold out in terms of the amount of tickets they have released (55000ish) and is already the biggest wrestling paid attendance of all time. I think they have 10000 more to sell.

Those numbers prove that Wrestlemania as an event is over. To do those numbers without anything advertised proves it.

But obviously the WWE will want to deliver. Its how you keep the event over.

Where is it?

Its in Detroit at the Ford Field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think WWE should take a risk on this...I've always thought to give the match a little credability that they should let a real outsider win it and then use the couple of months to build up a really strong character and story line to have everyone behind them

My Guess though would be Randy Orton Though I'd like to see someone like Finlay win it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

who i think will win... Undertaker
    who i want to win... Undertaker

Undertake to beat batista at wrestlemania 16-0

It'll be 15 wins if he wins at WM, won't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

it is at an NFL Stadium, maybe he'll score two 2 point conversion touchdowns :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Who will win? Khali:mad:

Who I'd like to win CM Punk:)

My opinion of WWE Creative is that 2 Monkeys throwing crap at a piece of paper could write better story lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

just reading on a website that shawn or randy are going be in the main event at wrestlemania.I;'d say it would be more randy cuz isn't shawn supposed to be taking time off?

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    just reading on a website that shawn or randy are going be in the main event at wrestlemania.I;'d say it would be more randy cuz isn't shawn supposed to be taking time off?

The rumour about Michaels taking time off has been going about a year now. And still he keeps wrestling.

jongore wrote:
    Who will win? Khali:mad:

Who I'd like to win CM Punk:)

My opinion of WWE Creative is that 2 Monkeys throwing crap at a piece of paper could write better story lines.

FIRST OF ALL KHALI WON'T WIN (BECAUSE HE CAN'T WRESTLE WORTH A $H!T
    SECOND OF ALL PUNK WON'T WIN EITHER (BECAUSE FINLAY AND ARN ANDERSON DECIDES WHAT GO'S ON IN ECW AND HEYMAN WAS GOING TO GIVE PUNK A BIG PUSH BUT FINLAY AND ANDERSON MADE HIM JOB TO HARDCORE HOLLY)
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HBK WIN IT HE IS AN EXCELLENT CHAMP,
    ORTON IS GONNA WIN IT THOUGH MAN HE'S BORING WHEN HE'S HEEL,
    I WOULD BE PULLING FOR KENNEDY TO WIN IT BUT HE'S GONNA JOB TO BATISTA NOW TYPICAL :mad:
    SO ITS EITHER HBK OR ORTON WHO WILL WIN IT.

The rumour about Michaels taking time off has been going about a year now. And still he keeps wrestling.

The guy is definitely in need of a break. If you look at him physically he is losing size all the time, a pure sign of fatigue which can only be exacerbated by his noted back problems. I just hope he doesnt break down and we get a few years more out of HBK, absolute legend!

JATOH wrote:
    SECOND OF ALL PUNK WON'T WIN EITHER (BECAUSE FINLAY AND ARN ANDERSON DECIDES WHAT GO'S ON IN ECW AND HEYMAN WAS GOING TO GIVE PUNK A BIG PUSH BUT FINLAY AND ANDERSON MADE HIM JOB TO HARDCORE HOLLY)

I had no idea Finlay and Arn were bookers now.

I had no idea Finlay and Arn were bookers now.

Yup and if you go on the wrestling news sites theyre trying to bury punk for some reason. They seem not to like him, the rumored reason is that he got over without creative giving him a major push, he disagreed with the layout of the disasterous extreme elimination chamber and that he was "Heyman's boy." If its true it's pathetic.

JATOH wrote:
    ORTON IS GONNA WIN IT THOUGH MAN HE'S BORING WHEN HE'S HEEL

Orton is better as a heel! He was brutal as a face! The crowd were sick of him after a week!

Strangely, I'm still sick of him.

i'd rather him as a heel but i don't really like his personality in real life,a man was supposed to go over to orton and his girlfriend for an autograph and he just walked away i meanhow long would it have took to grab the pen off him and write his name on a piece of paper,same with kenny dykstra a fan seen him in a car in a parkin lot and he asked him for an autograph,kenny drove away and the fans coat got cot in the door of kennys car and the fan broke his arm,it just goes to show that famous people arn't as cool as people say.

Yup and if you go on the wrestling news sites theyre trying to bury punk for some reason. They seem not to like him, the rumored reason is that he got over without creative giving him a major push, he disagreed with the layout of the disasterous extreme elimination chamber and that he was "Heyman's boy." If its true it's pathetic.

They're not bookers. I don't know if Mr.Nice Guy knew this and was just pointing out that they're not, but they're agents. Or "producers", as WWE likes to call them

I think it was Michael Hayes who disagreed with Dave Lagana's take on how some match should go down. Lagana and Hayes are on creative, so if you're blaming anyone, it should be them

• Advertisement
Advertisement