Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behringer UMX61 Midi Keyboard

Options
  • 10-01-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a Behringer UMX61 Midi Keyboard in Munster Sounds here in Cork. Not a bad price (Obviously not as cheap as Thomann), Behringer's retail price is € 204, Munster Sounds were € 209. It comes with a separate Audio to USB Interface as a gift, and Ableton Lite Studio Software (Not that I'll be using it). 61 Velocity sensitive keys, 8 programmable buttons, Sustain footswitch jack, and a Midi out to control the rest of my Guitar stuff in the Studio. Normally I hate Behringer, but this isn't half bad at all!

UMX61_big.jpg

Pics of the Studio to follow soon hopefully, and if I'm really brave in a few months, some Music too ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Yeah I picked up one of these bad boys a month ago and I'm really happy with it so far. Really good value. Just using as a controller for Drums and for keys here and there in my songs. I didnt really see the point in getting a really expensive midi controller cos,and correct me if i'm wrong, the controller you use is only as good as the S/W and VSTi's your using it with!!!

Best of luck with it chief!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hey Paligulus, do you know of any software that allows you to just use it as a Keyboard for practise? Or Jamming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

ned78 wrote:
    Hey Paligulus, do you know of any software that allows you to just use it as a Keyboard for practise? Or Jamming?

Do you mean just for playing sounds live as opposed to for recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

ned78 wrote:

Try MiniHost - http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html - this is a cool little donationware app that will you use any VSTi as a standalone instrument. I've used it a lot and it works great. Just set your MIDI keyboard as an input. Then all you need to do is find a VSTi to load into MiniHost - try mdaPiano for this: http://www.pluginspot.com/documents/30.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

ned78 wrote:

Nope, afraid not!!! The only way it can be used is with a DAW (Cabase etc..) or a VST host like the one cornbb suggests.

With the keyboard there is a disc of software and in the hosts folder there is a prog called savihost. I like using this to test out VSTi's because it is very quick because all you have to do get the VSTi working is drag it into Savihost like a file into a folder and then the set the UMX61 as the midi input.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement