Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baton down the hatches tonight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Tristrame wrote:
    It wasnt.
    I heard a major sub station went on fire in North Dublin cutting power as far as Drogheda.
    You're lights flickering were probably due to a related power surge.

Driving home from Blackrock in South Dublin around 1030pm through Deansgrange and south as far as Kilmacanogue, the Rain was truly monsoonal and blowing across the road in steamy straight lines-it looked like A CNN report from Florida during a Hurricane except the wind was only maybe 30 or 40 mph.

Very little rain here in comparison.

Jaysus, where did you hear that? Out in Stalmullen (5miles outside Balbriggan) the power was gone from 6.45pm-8pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Webserver is down again,doesnt like the wind either:rolleyes:
    In the middle of a shower here and talk about gusty winds.Debris flying all over the place outside the job.

There was also a few trees down coming to work this morning,a couple of the branches i noticed where also budding.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Power just come back on. :mad: @ esb, 3rd time in the last 2 months.

Was a good one that, probably 2nd strongest winds over that period.

Still windy, nothing special now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Still gusting above 40mph.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it was windy here but just slightly above average windy weather, nowhere nearly as strong as some of the winds we got before christmas. Lights didnt flicker here, wouldnt have known it was windy unless you stepped outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

wind has died down a fair bit here now ..and the sun is out and the air pressure has increased upto 1010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Very windy down here all night and most of today. It was definitely the windiest night in a long while (more so than the double storm week back in Dec '06), as it woke me a good few time during the night, and i got up this morning to the sight of the satellite dish ripped off the chimney and onto the ground. Thank god, that the sisters car was on the opposite side of the house, i would've been killed by her, if there was an lnb sticking out through the windscreen..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

According to some of the good folk over on TWO, its to be extremely windy again next Thursday, I know its a week off, but they say if it materialises that last nights gale will be a breeze in comparison :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

According to some of the good folk over on TWO, its to be extremely windy again next Thursday, I know its a week off, but they say if it materialises that last nights gale will be a breeze in comparison :eek:

This might interest you
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=22864-qqqx=1.asp

Advertisement