Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway from Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What kind of society are we living in where simply owning a house (even a mortgaged one) requires a decent lottery win. Just remember what happened to the upper classes the last time people in this country couldn't get their hands on a bit of land, about 100 years ago... Hasta La Victoria Siempre!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Whats the big deal with owning a house anyway? You only really need a house if you've got kids otherwise I think it's much better to be completely free of loans and comitments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

kevmy wrote:
    Damn right they do!!!

???? One built by farmers?

Ha! I was going to say that exact thing!

I may be Galway bound too in the near future but would be coming because of a great job opportunity. My main concern is my social life - will be leaving all my Dublin friends, reckon I'll pick up some Galway ones easily enough? I'm pretty friendly and I'm working on the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Galway's grand for meeting new people, picking up new friends etc. Its incredibly easy to strike up a conversation with a randomer. Probably even easier if you move to the city centre.

Even I'd probably have some Galway friends by now, if it wasn't for the smell :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Excellent because today I found out I am definitely moving! So, get ready Galway I'm gonna need some friends quicksmart.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement