Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Newbie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Beruthiel wrote:
    That's the mission. I'm obviously just crap at sneaking around then :(

Aww :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

So I'm on a mission for the Grey Fox.
    I've got to break into a wizards room, find the secret tunnel to his tower and steal an arrow.
    I've gotten as far as his tower, which is locked, I need a key and don't have it. Obviously I'm supposed to have picked it up somewhere along the way but damned if I know where :(
    After two nights of looking I'm ready to be helped out here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I think i remember this mission
    You cannot open his tower door, only the dude you are looking for can. My advice is look for his room in the castle and look around there for something

I can tell ya exactly what to do if ya want but that takes all he fun out of it

I've already searched his room from top to bottom!
    I'll try again tonight :(

you're looking for something on the wall, lets say a switch to a secret passageway of some sort

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the passage from the room to his tower? Cos I've found that and gone all the way to the tower.
    When you get to the tower there is a door which is locked.
    I'm looking for the key to that door

Have you gone through to the Bravil Wizards Lair? In the Bravil Wizards Grotto there is a locked door that requires a key but that might be misdirection as you need to dive underwater through a cave to advance from the Grotto to the Lair.

Then go through the lair and into the tower (is this the door which is locked?) theguy is on the third floor.

The sequence is castle room, grotto, lair then tower. The guy is on the third floor of the tower. Where here are you getting stuck?

Vegeta wrote:
    Have you gone through to the Bravil Wizards Lair? In the Bravil Wizards Grotto there is a locked door that requires a key but that might be misdirection as you need to dive underwater through a cave to advance from the Grotto to the Lair.

All done.
    Then go through the lair and into the tower (is this the door which is locked?) theguy is on the third floor.

This is where I'm stuck.
    Have arrived at ruined round tower, killed all the monsters and the door needs a key to get into his tower.
    I don't know where I'm supposed to have picked up that key

Well, I had a look at your stickys and noticed a site I could get answers from.
    Things get even tougher at the tower. Each level seems to get progressively harder with creatures appropriate to your level, until you eventually reach Falthis Aren himself on the third floor. If you're a member of the Mages Guild, then you're not going to want to kill him, or you'll be kicked out of the guild. In fact, you can't even get caught stealing from him or you'll lose your membership. Bummer. Instead, sneak past him to the right and loot his chest to find the Key-Shaped Arrowhead you were looking for and a key to exit the tower. The arrowhead isn't the entire Arrow of Extrication, but it's much as you can get for the Gray Fox at this point. Drop down to the lowest level and use your new key to enter the outdoors once again.
    It would seem I am already in the main tower, silly me :/ and the door I wish to go through is for when I'm finished the quest.
    See what confused me was, I went into the tower and there were only monsters there, no wizard.
    Will give it another go tonight.

cool let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

quest completed :D
    *sigh*

nicely done

Advertisement