Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So down at the moment

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

read the thread start to finish,.... some good people in here to take the time to help others,.... surprised me !! well done all, except lorax , obviously.

also unreg-girl, i bet theres a few people here reading that , and thinking , great that somebody else posted it before me !!! and also taking advice on advice that was meant for you !!.

B-hop

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Unreg_girl wrote:
    Thanks a mil stepbar. And Borat_Sagdiyev and limklad, you're both fantastic! Thank you so much for going to such time and trouble to give me that brilliant advice and reassurance. It hasn't turned me into a new person yet but it's definitely helped me to start thinking in a new light. What a great start to work from. I honestly do see myself a bit differently to when I wrote my last post. I'm going to work from there now.
    limklad, I'm very sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with your folks - particularly since you seem like such a wonderful person. It genuinely saddens me. All I can say is well f***ing done for being such a lovely, positive person. I wish you the very best in life and hope that you'll have plenty of good experiences to make up for the bad ones.

Delilghted to hear it. Good for you. Good luck with everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You too. And I couldn't agree more with bernard hopkins. I'm not a cynic but I wouldn't have believed there could be so many nice caring people out there. Well maybe I was a cynic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Unreg_girl wrote:
    Thanks a mil stepbar. And Borat_Sagdiyev and limklad, you're both fantastic! Thank you so much for going to such time and trouble to give me that brilliant advice and reassurance.
    Unreg_girl wrote:
    It hasn't turned me into a new person yet but it's definitely helped me to start thinking in a new light. What a great start to work from. I honestly do see myself a bit differently to when I wrote my last post. I'm going to work from there now.
    One step at a time. It worked for me....
    Unreg_girl wrote:
    limklad, I'm very sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with your folks - particularly since you seem like such a wonderful person. It genuinely saddens me. All I can say is well f***ing done for being such a lovely, positive person. I wish you the very best in life and hope that you'll have plenty of good experiences to make up for the bad ones.
    I was lucky, that other good people gave me some of their the time and saw the best in me.

I need to write an autobiography and it is going to be a thick book!!… I can remember events when I was two year old, still in the old nappies, Rough-tea towel size with big safety pins digging into my hips …. :eek: and smelling bad in the wash bin... I now need a clothe peg for the nose, i can still smell it.

I learn alot and more important i try to understand and listen. It the best we all can do.

P.S. I originally wrote a long reply but i said i better keep it short. I don;t want to put you all to sleep.

Advertisement