Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com

Options
  • 10-01-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Im having trouble contacting Play.com by phone. I try the number that is on their site: 0845 800 1020 (using the prefix 0044 and dropping the zero) but I keep getting an answering machine saying this service is currently not available or something. It has been like this for over week.

I am ringing on a mobile, could that be the problem? Am I dialing the number incorrectly because its in the U.K.?

I need to get this sorted soon as im having an issue with a returned product and I need to speak to them.

Is there any other way to contact them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I believe you have to use a landline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dave6195 wrote:
    Im having trouble contacting Play.com by phone. I try the number that is on their site: 0845 800 1020
    Only to add why, any 08xx number owner is paying the difference of the minute cost you pay and actual cost themself. That is why you will find many such numbers with country/mobile black lists (a.k.a. can't call them from said countries/mobiles).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peadair 11

Would you not try the english Yellow pages - Might ahve an additional no.
    http://www.yell.com/ucs/HomePageAction.do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Ring from a landline or mail them.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think you can ring an 0845 number from outside the UK, much like you can't ring 1850 from outside Ireland. I've always found that play respond to emails pretty quickly so best to use that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have no issues ringing PLAY.COM from my mobile and have always found them helpful on the phone.

The number I use is +441534877595

n.b. you will obviously pay the price of an international call.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Thanks for the replies.

This may seem basic but for the life of me I cant see an e-mail address for play anywhere on their site:confused: ......

Anyone know what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They seem to have removed all record of their email address from their website - very strange considering they used to be pretty good.

sales@play.com and info@play.com used to be the addresses I'd use, but I sent to one recently and got an automated reply back sending me to the helpdesk.

Bad course of action for an online retailer if they've scrapped email support - try calling them on the number above .. if only to ask for their email address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    you can get numbers from here of Play and others.

Advertisement