Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock respec

Options
  • 10-01-2007 4:29pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i've just hit 40 and my lock was specced a bit funky so i'm going for a respec, up until today i was going demon...but now thats been blown out the water so i'm thinking destruction, affliction seems a bit waek too with the patch, any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Even with the nerf to dots, Affliction is still the best levelling tree. Once you get Dark Pact, you'll have very little downtime. It also has some very nice talents, like Unstable Affliction, Insta Corruption (a must have), Nightfall and instant Howl of Terror.

Personally i levelled with Demonology, since the voidwalker is a good tank, and can hold aggro well (until he's 1-2 levels from the next rank). I was MD/Ruin, but am full Affliction now (46-5-0). Destruction will be great for Pvp and i've heard alot of Locks saying that they will respec to that at lvl70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

i respec'd to demo at lvl 50. and still demo now. i love it.

i spec'd destro last night for giggles and changed back in 30 minutes. no agro management, shadow bolt hit for LOWER on destro than on Demo. and conflag, although nice is not worth it really.

plus i ate my mana pool in about 2 pulls and i actually died! dont get too used to soul link :(

Advertisement