Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirus 2/3

• 10-01-2007 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a motorized sat sytem, very impressed, stilll messing around with it and learning as I go.

Can tune in most stuff. But Sirus (have russian house mates) is proving a prob.
    Anybody got the cordinates and freq. Is this triker than other sats to tune in.

Also somebody was telling there are codes you can input to your receiver to open up new channels, anybody any good sites that will give codes and info on how to input.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Asking for codes to open pay tv is frowned on here, but back to your other question. You should be able to recieve some channels from this satellite, what size of dish have you and what is your location? 12073 H 27500 3/5 this transponder gives a good strong signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prech101

Hi Ronan,

Oops, I was talking about channel 4, sci-fi that sort of thing, but my bad.....

I have a 80cm dish and I am located in Baldoyle area. I think it was the freq I was using, I will try the one you gave, thanks.

I have hotbird, Eurobird and Astra up and working, are therse the main Sats out there or am i missing anything obvious.

Thanks in advance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

C4, SciFi etc only with legitimate Sky card.
    Depends on what you are interested in.
    Turksat 42E West Beam & Hispasat 30W are very strong, might not be interesting unless you speak Turkish or have Spanish Pay TV card.
    Telstar 12 @ 15W is interesting.
    On 80cm you can get about 20 satellites
    On 110cm you can get about 30 satellites (extras mostly feeds).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prech101

Thanks, I'll try that.

I have the Art sports card, which i would highly recommend, get all Prem matches and Champion league, at half the cost of sky and a lot more choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

I had Sirius 3 a few years back on a 1.8M motorised dish. Always struggled getting signal quality above 30%

This made the TV1000 and Ticket PPV channels a nightmare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement