Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry & Cech

• 10-01-2007 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I thought Terry & Cech were supposed to be back soon ??

I read recently that Terry will be back for the league match on saturday
    anyone confirm this ??

as for Cech ?? to early no ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Terry back this weekend and Cech end of Jan, I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

According to Mourinho, Terry will be back for the "Wiggum" game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Why were they warming up before the last couple of games ?? Day after Terry had surgery, he was doing a light warm up before game, were they just trying to show everyone that they wont be out for long or something, psychological battles and all, sending a message to the other teams...
    It seems a bit sad in all fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Cech has said he should be back for the next game, Terry is kinda unknown.

Nobody knows for sure how long they will be out for, it really is just rumour these days, I'm not quite sure why the press can't just find out like they used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

It was mentioned at the game yesterday that Terry is still hopefull for a return this weekend (he apparently has a calf strain related to the back injury...).

Not sure about Chec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

JT has a calf strain as a result of the bank injury, quite common as your legs compensate for your back. Cech is ready to come back but fears over his condition should he get a second impact are halting things there. I think its 6 months and your clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Cech can come back, but I'm fairly sure if Cuddicini was availible, he wouldn't be back for another month.

Terry remains injured, and I personally think it'll be Feburary before we see him. There is really no basis for this view except how Mourinho and Chelsea keep lying about it, so I figure they are trying to deflect criticism, and keep the focus on him returning, rather than the team under-performing without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i think it'll be February too, maybe even the end of Feb at this rate.

chelsea need him back asap and i can see him being rushed back and causing more harm to himself.

there's talk of Cech being back playing in the coming weeks but he'll be wearing a protective helmet of sorts... it kinda looks like the cap things that rugby players wear sometimes but more padded!

i think he should wait a while! he's one of the best keepers in the world and the last thing he needs to do is comeback to soon and do some permanent damage or even kill himself! i dont think it's worth the risk!

i'm very interested to see how this injury will impact on how he plays the game and if he'll still be as good when he comes back! i cant see him diving at too many players feet or going into crowds of players to catch crosses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

According to Mourinho, Terry will be back for the "Wiggum" game!

According to Mourinho, Terry will now not be back for the "Wiggum" game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

jobonar wrote:
    i'm very interested to see how this injury will impact on how he plays the game

This happens to all players who suffer an injury. Once the get over the physical aspect there is the mental one which is sometimes harder. I know after doing my knee it took with months to get fully over it mentally and I just wouldn't go into tackles and such like. Cech will have this in his way but given time he will get over it and be as he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He could be doing a Wenger on it, Henry is always injured till 10 mins before kick off :)

Advertisement