Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DW throwing up an error I can't fix in the code... Help please?

Options
  • 10-01-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    this is the first time this has cropped up, and I don't know how to resolve it. The template is the basis for www.tullamorelife.net, for reference.

In the menu box on the left, I added a button for "Guestbook". However, when I click on 'Save' and the pop-up comes up to update the associated files, I get the following error box, relating to line 134:

DW%20error%20msg.JPG

Line 134 looks like this:

<body onload="goforit()", "MM_preloadImages('../images/tmore_life_button_b1_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b2_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b3_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b4_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b5_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b6_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b7_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b8_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b9_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b10_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b11_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b12_over.gif')"><body onload="MM_preloadImages('../images/tmore_life_button_b13_over.gif')">

As far as I can see, all instances of what is to be preloaded are there. But, what am I overlooking?

:(

Seanie.

P.S. I broke the line up for the sake of fitting into this window, otherwise it is one continuous line.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

Change it to this

<body onload="goforit()", "MM_preloadImages('../images/tmore_life_button_b1_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b2_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b3_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b4_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b5_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b6_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b7_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b8_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b9_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b10_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b11_over.gif',
    '../images/tmore_life_button_b12_over.gif','../images/tmore_life_button_b13_over.gif')">

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah, I haven't tested this but I'm assuming Arch-Stanton is right, why did you declare the body tag again for the 13th image? You can't declare body twice.

EDIT: Just realised if you're building in DW you probably didn't declare anything, it built the code for you. DW shouldn't make fundamental mistakes like that, disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Ah, yes, I see it now! It's great to have more pairn of eyes look at it. I was in a rush at the time, and this place was my first port of call! I haven't a notion why it added a second instance of onLoad like that. Thanks guys, I'll clean up that line to the way it should look (like Stanton showed).

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Yep, all is ordered and in perfect harmony in the cosmos now!

Thanks guys. Though I'm a bit embaressed I didn't spot that double whammy on my own!

:o

Seanie.

Advertisement