Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ensuite - shower door - tiling

Options
  • 10-01-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Have an ensuite which will be painted throughout except for the tiled area around shower. Is it better to fix shower door on plastered wall and till up to it or tile first and install shower door on the tiles?

Thanks. L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi,i would tile first coz its much neater.dont forget to use the right type or trim 4 the tray and make adhesive+grout is waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I have a similar set-up in my ensuite and the shower door is fitted to the tiles. One thing to remember is to measure for the shower door after the tiling is done. Even the depth of the two tiles either side and the grout could make a difference in which shower doors will fit or not......or at least that's what I was told.

Advertisement