Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance for rabbits?

Options
  • 10-01-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello! I was wondering if any of you knew of a good insurance company that will insure rabbits? I've looked around on the internet, but couldn't find anything...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

As far as I know there's only one company in Ireland that do pet insurance and that's Allianz, who only insure cats and dogs. I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maswala

That doesn't sound too good. Anybody else know anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Yes only Allianz offer pet insurance in Ireland at the moment and they only insure cats and dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's no rabbit insurance in Ireland Allianz say there isn't a big enough demand for it. But you can e-mail them to let them know if they did have it you would be interested so they will see that people do want rabbit insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Hibernian also offers pet insurance, again its only rats and frogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

There's no rabbit insurance in Ireland Allianz say there isn't a big enough demand for it. But you can e-mail them to let them know if they did have it you would be interested so they will see that people do want rabbit insurance.

The same goes for reptile and bird owners, email the companies and request they start offering insurance for your kind of pet.

Allianz offer insurance for exotic pets (reptiles, birds, exotic mammals) in the UK, they should extend this to Ireland too seeing as Allianz UK won't cover pets in Ireland

Advertisement