Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turners cross - VW Golf Alloy wheels - help!

Options
  • 10-01-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Ordered a new Golf Comfortline last november from turners cross motors - just called to check when the delivery was going to be was told it's still in production - when verifying my details the guy in sales mentioned that i had ordered Catalunya alloys - i said no i ordered hockenheim - he said that they are the same??? Should I believe him? Been checking all over the net and can't find anything that would suggest that they have both names when in their brochure they're down as hockenheim - any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jom1133 wrote:
    Ordered a new Golf Comfortline last november from turners cross motors - just called to check when the delivery was going to be was told it's still in production - when verifying my details the guy in sales mentioned that i had ordered Catalunya alloys - i said no i ordered hockenheim - he said that they are the same??? Should I believe him? Been checking all over the net and can't find anything that would suggest that they have both names when in their brochure they're down as hockenheim - any help would be appreciated thanks!!

The only info I could find was at: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/pdf/golf_hatchback_brochure.pdf

(It's a pdf file so you will need Acrobat reader)

The Hockenheim alloy wheels are shown on page 16. No sign of the Catalunya wheels at all but then again it is a UK spec brochure. Note that the Golf has had a revision for 2007 so the wheels may have been changed on the 2007 spec Golf.

It is not unusual for the salesman to have forgot to order your specific wheels too but doesn't want to admit it. ;) Enquire from another dealer about the wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 riskky

Catalunya alloy wheels are standard on the passat sportsline models and look nothing like the Hockenheim http://www.volkswagen.ie/templates/volkswagen05/pdf/brochure-Passat.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Turners Cross are brutal! Their parts department are shocking, well the lads are fine, know their stuff, but it takes weeks for stuff to come in. Dennehys Ford or Kevin O'Leary BMW dealer usually has stuff the next day if not in stock, VW you could be waiting weeks!
    The service department is worse, you have to give a couple of weeks notice to get the car in for service, again this is compared to Dennehys Ford, Kearys Toyota & O'Learys BMW. A couple of days noticeis usually OK for these.
    Best of luck with them, they broke my heart!!!
    I'd be comparing with Newmarket Motors for all future servicing & parts.

(All dealers quoted are Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

riskky wrote:
    Catalunya alloy wheels are standard on the passat sportsline models and look nothing like the Hockenheim http://www.volkswagen.ie/templates/volkswagen05/pdf/brochure-Passat.pdf

Hockenheim are 6 spoke 16inch alloys, Catalunya are 7 spoke 16inch alloys, they look reasonably alike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd make sure I got the Hockenheim, they're sleeker IMO. There is a possibility (slight...only specualting) they have a set of Catalunya going spare and have ordered your car with steels to gain on markup.

Do not sign the receipt of delivery until they put the correct wheels on it, you'll have no comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

Thanks a lot for all the replies lads - will get on to them tomorrow to make sure that they order the right allows. thanks again!

Advertisement