Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed to ID an anime movie

Options
  • 10-01-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Saw it years ago on BBC2 I think durin a season when they played Akira and Patlabor, I remember near the start it was a company/college demonstrating a machine that could take care of the old, they'd lie in it and it'd exercise and clean them but it went nuts and went on a rampage and started gathering other pieces of machines into it and evolving, it ends with 2 of these big machines on a beach watching a sunset

I think... it has been a long time since i saw it and some of those things might be slightly wrong but any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Ah found it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102812/

Roujin Z

Now where to buy it online...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah I have fond memories of that channel 4 run. Did you catch it the very first time they did it? or the rerun? The rerun happened sometime while I was in secondary school. The very first time must have been Jesus, about 14 years ago or so.

First time I saw Akira. Was only about 8. Melted my brain totally :D

I still have a tape around with that Johnathan Ross Documentary about Anime that was shown before Akira.
    Must watch it and check the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ah yes. Roujin Z was great. I saw it when the IFI screened it when it was first realesed here.

I have it on DVD now too... it's possibly a Region 1 disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I remember that. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Woo! Arrived today :D

DSC00046.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement