Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM undervolting?

Options
  • 10-01-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have 2 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix (4x512, PC 4000 running at PC 3200 speed) in my PC. I noticed that the voltage rating here is 2.8V.

However, in the BIOS I have it set to Auto which is giving them 2.6V...

Would it be safe to change it? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep its perfectly safe to change it. I have my pc 4000 ram running at 3.2v.

But since your ram is running at pc 3200 speeds there is no need for it to run at full volts. As its not needing it. Unless you find your system unstable there shouldnt be a need to change it.

But it might be worth running memtest x86 at both voltages to see if there are any errors. And also try si soft sandras memory tests at both voltages too. If both are practicially the same leave it run at the slower speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You say your ram is running at 2.6v but are you actually having any problems or your system is not performing well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks for the replies...

Well there are no stability issues really. But, I all ways thought it was under performing for a relativity good spec. And thought that this might have somthing to do with it? If not i'll leave it alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

since the ram is running at a lower speed then intended, its not unsurprising that its been given a lower voltage

Advertisement