Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Vacuum Cleaner

Options
  • 10-01-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    In October we bought an upright bagless vacuum cleaner in Aldi. It came with a one year warrenty (which was printed in large letters on the box).
    It worked fine up until a few weeks ago and now it'll only work for about 5 minutes then it'll cut out and has to be left alone for a further 5 minutes until it'll begin working again, all by itself.
    It's obviously an overheating problem (I reckon).
    The prob is that Aldi won't always have these things in stock (or will they).
    I have the receipt (slightly faded bit readable)and the documentation and amazingly even the box it came in.
    Should I bring the thing back now or ask when they'll have them back in stock, or maybe get my money back and buy one elsewhere??

Any help is appreciated as always

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have you tried emptying the bag? As it could also be that the bag is full and hence the vacum cleaning part don't work until it sinks down again and can push through air.

Anyway, take it in as soon as possible if that don't help, no reason to wait. Ask them to call you when they have your replacement in.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

another common problem is dirty filters... people may remember to replace the bag or empty the container when full, but sometimes forget to replace/clean the filters! If it still does not work and they dont have a replacement in stock, ask for a refund... there are plenty of reasonably priced vacuum cleaners available

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nody wrote:
    Have you tried emptying the bag?
    .. in a bagless vacuum cleaner? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Alun wrote:
    .. in a bagless vacuum cleaner? :)
    Do you think it has a black hole where all the stuff it sucks up disapears (I called it bag, but I guess storage compartment for reduntant particles sucked up previously known as bag will do) :p?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

The best thing to do is to go to the store and ask.

This is the problem with buying off Aldi as opposed to an electrical retailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

IS MY FACE RED
    There I was actually packing the damn vacuum cleaner into it's box when I noticed a sticker among the documents that I should have stuck to the cleaner that said that the device is fitted with an overheat switch, and that if it continually trips, to clean the filter with warm water. Was a bit dubious about wetting the filter, it just looks like paper. Turns out, a bit of scrubbing with an old toothbrush and some warm water removed tons of dust and crap. Anyway, the thing is currently threatening to suck the pattern of my carpets!

The moral of the story.........READ THE DAMN DOCUMENTS!!!

Advertisement