Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amouunt Of Study Per Night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Before exams I could always do this really high quality studying which would get me roughly 70%, for the leaving cert I'm doing my homework and a bit of studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Do people have supervised study every day? It's only on two days for two hours in my school, which means that I do most study at home. I generally do about three to four hours after school and whatever I can/need to on Sunday. Weekends are a killer though, I just can't get motivated to study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Selphie wrote:
    Do people have supervised study every day? It's only on two days for two hours in my school, which means that I do most study at home. I generally do about three to four hours after school and whatever I can/need to on Sunday. Weekends are a killer though, I just can't get motivated to study.
    Same here. Two hours on a tuesday and thursday. I find them dead handy cause you're in the studying atmosphere. I'd try an do about two hours at home on a Monday and Thursday, but find I don't get half as much done.

And yeah, weekends are an absolute bitch. End up watching a footy match or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Selphie wrote:
    I have it after school for 3 hours every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

2 hours after school every weekday in our school, which sucks because it used be 3 and a half hours and they cut it back. I suppose its mostly gonna be done outside of school anyway though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

in 1st and 2nd yr,and this yr i did/am doing after school study.........it was 1 hour and a half,and was on mon,tues,weds,and thurs

presenly i thikn its great,for me espeically,cause my situation if i had to get bus home instead of study would mean i wouldnt be home till 5pm, whereas if i do study, i will be home by quator to six, with hour and half study.homwwork already done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Same here. Two hours on a tuesday and thursday. I find them dead handy cause you're in the studying atmosphere. I'd try an do about two hours at home on a Monday and Thursday, but find I don't get half as much done.

Same. I wish it was on everyday. There's just too many distractions at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hey just wanted to know how much study everyone does per night .. starting afterschool study tomorrow . it lasts 2 hours approx ...That Enough
    ya i started after school study just after x mass aswell
    its 2 hours so its enough for me but im only in 5th year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Is it wise to just keep doing exam papers over and over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supermax

When ye all say ye do 2 to 3 hours study does that include homework or is that separate????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I go to after school study and do about 1 hour of homework and two hours of "study".

But after ten minutes of studying I get bored and draw stuff on my books. I just can't do it!

Lia_lia wrote:
    I go to after school study and do about 1 hour of homework and two hours of "study".

But after ten minutes of studying I get bored and draw stuff on my books. I just can't do it!

What are you hoping to do next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Multimedia in CIT.

I can study if I put my mind to it.
    I just get distracted very easily, but I guess that's the same with everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I know what you mean:)
    I find it very hard to "study" but I think studying is overrated, I mean just do your assigned homework and make sure you cover it well and listen REALLY well in class.

I do little "study" but take class and homework seriously.
    By following this approach studying becomes less important unless you need 500+ points.
    Just my 2 cents:D

Naikon wrote:
    I know what you mean:)
    I find it very hard to "study" but I think studying is overrated, I mean just do your assigned homework and make sure you cover it well and listen REALLY well in class.

I do little "study" but take class and homework seriously.
    By following this approach studying becomes less important unless you need 500+ points.
    Just my 2 cents:D

I don't know about that one.
    Maybe in the case of a VERY dedicated student, but who can stay that consistent throughout the school year?

I think that in the case of an intelligent person who neglects study for most of the year that 300 points is attainable. As regards 500 though... lot of studying to be done to even get in the 4's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Thats my point.
    I see your point and respect it.
    I read somewhere that getting past the 370+ mark is difficult and in fairness these exceptions need to be made for more study if you want high grades.
    I would be very happy with 300:)
    I am into IT/computing and want to pursue these subjects in College as I actually like programming and IT related stuff.

Advertisement