Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tis fairly windy..

Options
  • 10-01-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Some weather we're having here tonight!..

Lying on the couch listening to the wind and rain....waiting for the power to go!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah its bad alright. Strangely not so bad in town, got home to Oranmore and was nearly swept across the flippin road coming off the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Jesus, there is a whistle in every window of this feckin house from the wind, its gonna be a rough nights sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Almost blew off the road on Lough Atalia Rd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

The bins took of a wee while ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't feel the wind up here.

Ivory Towers ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Screw you guys, i'm going boating on the weekend, more wind = more speed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭WildWater

JohnCleary wrote:
    Screw you guys, i'm going boating on the weekend, more wind = more speed ;)

Thats the spirit :D

Remember your Mae West if you go on the water ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I hear Craggy Island is getting a battering.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jaysus tis feirce Windy Altogether twould crack the arse of a cow!, though back in my day the wind was our only source of entertainment, we'd all gather round the oul Winda and sight an oul wan trying to cross the road in the pissins of rain and get swept away with a gale!, I tells ya they were happier times though when the summer came and it was dry and calm twas a biteen dry...speakin of which ya do be noticin' a bit of a stretch in the oul Evenings

• Advertisement

Was just out for a walk along the prom, breezt but nothing worse than a Force4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

My hat flew off my head today and rolled down the road whilst i chased it to a chorus of beeping passing cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

biko wrote:
    Remember your Mae West if you go on the water ;)

whats that mean?
    I thought mae west was used instead of "best" as in "i'm not feeling the mae west"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Be careful opening your car doors - a gust of wind blew mine out of my hand on New Years Eve and did a lot of damage. I was lucky - my g/f saw one couple lose a door - wind ripped it off one of the hinges!

Looking out the door of the shop at the moment, watching people getting blown down Cross Street....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm sitting at work looking over the bay. Its pretty spectacular - there are pretty big waves bashing off the rocks and creating massive clouds of spray. I wonder what it looks like out on more exposed parts of the coast...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

im in oranmore . have a big field in front of my house , so the wind gets a good run before it hits my house. my sons trambobaline took flight last week over the fence:eek: :eek: . it wasnt even a small one , the biggest one they had in the shop. wife keeps bustin my balls to collect off the barb wire fence its stuck on. not bloody likely i say, itll only take off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Tis awful bad alright, my dad has been on the roof everyday putting the satalite back on because it keeps blowing down and we are deprived of entertainment on a thursday night!

I'm just about to head out on the Corrib for a spin on the boat, should be fun :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

?banned? wrote:
    whats that mean?
    I thought mae west was used instead of "best" as in "i'm not feeling the mae west"
    So did I! What kind of a garden tool would change the meaning!?!

the-furbo wrote:
    So did I! What kind of a garden tool would change the meaning!?!
    Mae West is slang for a personal flotation device.
    During World War II, Navy and Army pilots and crewman in the Pacific, named their inflatable life vests after Mae West supposedly because of her well-endowed attributes. The term "Mae West" for a life-vest continues to this day.
    Personal flotation device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A personal flotation device (also named PFD, lifejacket, life preserver, Mae West, life vest, life saver, cork jacket, life belt)
    Well, there you are.

• Advertisement

Yarr where would we be without the PFD's... Never leave land without one!

You never know who's going to want to feel your well-endowed attributes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

biko wrote:
    Well, there you are.

What kind of garden tool would change the meaning ? :rolleyes:

5times wrote:
    What kind of garden tool would change the meaning ? :rolleyes:

A HOE!!!!

Get it? Get it?

Advertisement