Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting refund or replacement

Options
  • 10-01-2007 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

my ps2 is not working,i only bought it a few weeks ago,i already brought it back to the shop[xtravision] but they say they cant fix it .they say they will give me a replacement.

do i have the right to demand a refund instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Once it goes outside a "reasonable" amount of time the shop can have it repaired for you. In this case they're giving you a new one instead of making you wait weeks.

Take the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i bought it like 2 weeks ago

can i depend a receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

2 weeks ago? You said "a few weeks ago". Within 2 weeks you're within a "reasonable amount of time" for a refund. Ask to speak to the store manager, but stay calm and friendly .. don't start shouting about your rights or they'll just blanket ignore you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The option for the retailer whether the item is one day or one year old is as follows in order,

Repair to a condition for which the product has been made to.
    if this is not possible -
    Replace the product with an equal product
    if this is not possible
    Refund the purchase price of the product.

Think of a car with a faulty air inflow - you will neither get a replace ment or a refund, it is fixed as its a minor fault. - Same with a minor fault on a PC / TV / Phone.

A Major fault that would not leave the product in an "as new" condition and may affect future use of the product, the item should be replaced - if the item is not available a refund must then be offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ciaranfo wrote:
    stay calm and friendly .. don't start shouting about your rights or they'll just blanket ignore you.

Best advice I've ever seen on any thread here. Believe me having been on both sides of the counter many times, it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

okay thanks for thew advice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote:
    Ask to speak to the store manager, but stay calm and friendly .. don't start shouting about your rights or they'll just blanket ignore you.
    QFT

Advertisement