Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands routes???

Options
  • 10-01-2007 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My 1st post!!!!!!!!!

I've recently moved back home to the midlands (Longford/Westmeath) from Scotland.

I havent even gone near my mtb for 4 months due to new job/crappy weather/laziness etc .
    Also there doesnt seem to be any trails of any description outside of Dublin/Wicklow mountains!

Thats a fair journey for me to go so I was wondering if anyone knows of any cycling routes closer to the midlands????? Are the trails in wicklow mts worth the drive??

Would really appreciate any info as hate to see the bike gathering dust....and my belly's comin back!!!!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

I've heard of good trails in the Slieve Bloom mountains (Laois/Offaly), but I don't know where exactly.

Phone Buckley Cycles in Tullamore - I believe the owner goes out on regular spins with a group ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevmurf

cheers for the tip, I'll defo give them a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Buckleys is also in Athlone and roscommon if thats any help

Advertisement