Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yay 150 k miles today :D

Options
  • 11-01-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

had my car about 5 years now... and today it passed the 150 k miles mark.... and i drive the ****e out of it... sometimes 1000 miles a week :D every 2000,3000 miles it would need new brakes because i cook the crap out of them on long windy roads....

so update on it its a ford scorpio... 97 2.3 RWD (**** 10 years old now)
    no right indacater..(hit a dog i think)
    suspension broke (hates bumps and jumps when hits a hole)
    power steering leaking and runs out of flud in about 2 days...
    and for some reason i cant turn off the traction control.... (:(:(:( i want to go drifting:P:P:P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beady

Scorpio eh! I think Stevie Wonder has one of those!

Keep driving the ****e out of it with a knackered suspension and see how long it takes to find a ditch!

Keep driving with no right indicator and see how long it takes some other gob****e to hit you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wow... this is almost as cool as boasting about your post count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

My first thought was .... cool...
    Second thought was .... How is that a road-worthy car? I'd admire the fact the car has reached said mileage except for the bragging how fecked it is... When's the NCT due?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Tell me the area you usually drive in, and I'll program my satnav to avoid it. Plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Drax wrote:
    My first thought was .... cool...
    Second thought was .... How is that a road-worthy car? I'd admire the fact the car has reached said mileage except for the bragging how fecked it is... When's the NCT due?
    last november...

i mainly drive dublin to westport or dublin to donegal to westport route... far away from you... so dont worry no need for you to set your gps...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

so you are proud to be driving a car that is not roadworthy? The fact that you manage to cook your brakes every two or three weeks just shows how dangerous a driver you are! What will happen if and when you cause an accident in your unroadworthy car?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Why are we so obsessed with mileage? My wife, who is american is baffled. They travel much further distances than we can possibly drive, 150k would be nothing over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

anto-t wrote:
    every 2000,3000 miles it would need new brakes because i cook the crap out of them on long windy roads....
    So I picture it like this: Arrive at bend. Slam on brakes. Get around bend. Floor throttle for next 100 yards. Arrive at bend. Slam on brakes.... and so on.

anto-t wrote:
    no right indacater..(hit a dog i think)
    Obviously the dog was deaf. Otherwise he'd have heard the revving/screeching cycle explained above.....

anto-t wrote:
    last november...

i mainly drive dublin to westport or dublin to donegal to westport route... far away from you... so dont worry no need for you to set your gps...

Right.

Its the broken suspension that got me - you are actually putting your own and other peoples lives in danger. Sure I am coming up on 142,000 on my car... big deal.
    I dont think I could cook my brakes in 3 weeks if I tried... That poor car... I doubt it gets much love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Saruman wrote:
    Why are we so obsessed with mileage? My wife, who is american is baffled. They travel much further distances than we can possibly drive, 150k would be nothing over there.
    Cause in America, 150k miles would be all on highways. If a car can stand 150k miles on irish roads, thats different! Irish tend to not look after their cars either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

JoeySully wrote:
    That just about says it all, doesn't it? I guess the big question is - will Anto grow up before he kills someone?

JoeySully wrote:

:D:D
    f_antoi_c175m_927c1d58.jpg

* Image may or may not contain Anto, possibly a model
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054997100&referrerid=&highlight=

Anto - do you know the difference between rally driving and everyday road driving ?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Drax wrote:
    * Image may or may not contain Anto, possibly just some poser
    Anto wasn't driving, I think that may be him on his hands and knees in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

A co-driver would still be wearing a fire suit so there is hope.

Advertisement