Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone troubles

Options
  • 11-01-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭

I upgraded my mobile in June and it worked fine until August when the battery went flat. When I tried to charge it all that happened was the keypad lights flickered. So I took it back to the store where I bought it and they sent it off for repairs. The phone was replaced with a faulty phone (it wouldn't switch on) which the store then sent off for repair. It was also replaced with a faulty phone (which wouldn't switch on) however this time the store replaced in straight away.

So by October I was onto my third replacement phone. Within a few weeks the phone started to randomly turn itself off. I went back to the store again and they sent it off for repair. It was replaced a fourth time. Now over Christmas the fourth replacement phone started randomly turning off as well. I took it back to the store requesting a refund or a new phone in store or a new model. The store won't replace it or refund it and they can either send it off to be repaired again or I have to call the manufacturer directly to try to sort out a refund.

I've also been advised that I can call the network and complain to them about the fact that their policy is that I have to take this up directly with the manufacturer.

Does this sound right? Surely the store by now should offer me a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They sold you something that didn't work and replaced it several times with items that also didn't work. By now you should be due a refund alright. Explain that you are going to go to the small claims court if they don't refund you. If they seem uninterested then do follow through with the threat, you'll win.

Advertisement