Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would you buy from....

Options
  • 11-01-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

http://www.rothervalleymotorsalvage.co.uk/index.htm

What do you guys think of this site?

From being linked to it a while ago it has captured my interest, I'm buying a BMW in the next few months and would like a 98/99/00 model 316 or 318 which the site seems to have, and I'd be prepared to get some (relatively) minor body work fixed at crash repairs afterwards.

I'm something of an amateur when it comes to cars online, what do you guys make of the site? The cars seem to be incredibly cheap in places ,considering the damage on some is quite minimal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Any opinions guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

way more trouble than it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Imo I think if these cars were cheap to fix then they would have been fixed already and sold for alot more than they are advertised for there.

You could be lucky but you really do need to know what your looking at when buying these type of cars or you will end up with a expensive lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

They will all show up as written off on HPI check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

If your a trained mechanic or Panel Beater, then maybe, because it isn't cheap to fix cars correctly i.e. new body panels or Skins, not filler.

Some of those cars don't look that badly damaged, and probably Cat.D.

Probably fine if you going to drive it into the ground for 10 years, but
    I would walk away from a badly repaired imported UK car, no matter how small the owner is saying the damage was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't know to be honest, alot of the damage may not be visable i.e a bent chassis.

Again I think if the damage was mainly cosmetic then these cars would have been repaired and back on a dealer's forecourt for alot more money.

Just my opinion on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

For Spares only. Not as a driving car.

Advertisement