Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling a kitchen that leads to a living area

Options
  • 11-01-2007 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

So I'm tiling the kitchen and putting wooden floors down in the living area. Im going to put a dividing bar between the two.

The tiles are going down first. Am I right in thinking I should work off my "imaginary" dividing line, and make sure that is straight, rather than starting the tiling in the centre of the kitchen floor or elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

Hi Podge,

I'm no expert but I have done a similar job recently.

Really you should start wherever your first row of full tiles is going. If this is from the dividing bar then fine start from there and put town a batton where the bar will be going to work off.

In my kitchen this wasnt the case, the row of tiles against the bar weren't full tiles so I started on the next row, put down a batton and worked from there and then worked back to the dividing line at the end.

Hope this helps,
    PK

Advertisement