Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro in Oranmore

Options
  • 11-01-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I see from the Metro Website that they are at last servicing the Oranmore area in Co Galway. Great. But am reading about the problems in Dublin mainly from 3 Rock. Is there anyone here from Oranmore or Galway City who has had the service for a while and could I please get some feedback on it.
    Many Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Threerock is different to any place else in Ireland. It's a porcupine disguised as a mast. I'd expect it will get flea powder soon.

Even the other Dublin masts are OK. Limerick is fine, better than many DSL in Limerick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

3rock covers more people than any other mast complex in Ireland , quite simple but a unique problem .

http://mountainviews.ie/mv/index.php?mtn_ct_pic_size=maximum

I never heard of any congestion stories from any other mast ..of which digiweb has quite a a few. Anyone I know in Galway who has it ...some quite a bit away, is happy. I know of one happy punter at 10km , he has had it since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Thanks folks. That fairly makes up my mind now to work on the missus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Well got my Metro installed today. Pretty painless. The guy came and was gone inabout 2 hours and was a credit to Digiweb eventhough he was a contractor. System provisioned in about an hour. I can see the transmitter from my bedroom window and he said I had an excellent signal. Happy Days.:D

Advertisement